Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract

Cal Crutchlow admits he is unlikely to sign a two-year deal to join Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 during this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The British rider was expected to agree a deal to leave the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad at the end of 2012 in Mugello. That was when Ducati wanted Crutchlow to confirm whether he will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 July 2012 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

wrong passport

"Yamaha is understood to be close to signing a new deal with Texan Ben Spies" only a few weeks ago BS was extolling the virtues of a Spanish passport wishing he had one because he had to do a year in a satellite team and Marc Marques didn't yet here we are the 4th best Yamaha rider and they want to sign him again.

America: big market Spain: big sponsors Italy: big sponsors

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am glad that Yamaha are offering Ben a new deal even though his results haven't been the best this season last three races saw an improvement only to be hampered by tyre issues like I say many will disagree with it but do I care do i feck.

GO SPIES!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Backwards

Let's hope Cal's results improve this weekend and he doesn't start going the same way as the long precession of British MotoGP hopefulls of the past 35 years, because Dani's win last week was one of the best rides he's done for ages, and he beat Stoner fair and square, and that's what sealed his contract with Honda, but a couple of dnf's/crashes from Cal, and he's going nowhere. 

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Poor Form

Considering Cal is still injured, he's doing quite well.

Glad Spies is still in.  He's bringing money into the garage that they need.  Just business.

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Bad move!

Just hope if Cal goes to Ducati it is not a downward spiral and another riders career ruined! If the bikes not competiive he may over step the mark and start crashing,loose confidence etc! Unless with Audi backing the extra finance enables them to improve the bike!! Good luck Cal.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Don't like the thought of Cal going to Ducati, I suspect it'll do to his career what Foggy Petronas did to James Haydon's. Hello obscurity !.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

B.B

You could be very close to the truth.........

Plus-

If they have read any of his tweets........they can be pretty rude and crass.......

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

oh noh!

I don't think that ducati is having a second thought of signing Cal. It's just matter of time that he will be presented with the contract before they fly to Laguna Seca. I guess it's just ironing some details and informing the Audi of their plan. If and ONLY IF that ducati didn't sign Cal then bradley smith will be sucked and letf without a ride in motogp next year with a fat checque in his wallet. I know herve is keen to keep Cal and Dovi than give smith a ride next year even though he has a contract signed for next year.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

I hope this doesnt come off. As a ducati fan, this would be a bad move for both sides. Cal has got nowhere to go and actually he will be pinning his hopes on this deal. However he is not cut out for this bike, its too aggressive for him and he comes off the yamaha enough as it is and the handling of that bike is better than the ducati at present. Ducati unfortunately will not be able to hold on to vr. He will play on for 2 more years and will win the championship twice on another bike, whatever that will be ? That then crowns him the greatest gp rider of all time. Those that think he is finished are way off the pace. Ducati should stick with Hayden and go for a younger rider who can grow with the bike as he progresses over the years. Some interesting times ahead. Shame weve lost Stoner, an awesome rider although this year is all about Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

Benny Hedgehog

Is it confirmed that Cal was offer a 1yr contract or he's  still waiting for the contract to be handed to his manager. I thought the original offer from ducati si for 2 years? Anyway if that is the case. I think Audi want bradl in ducati for 2014 only reason i could see why they only offering him a 1yr contract instead of 2yrs.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices