Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract

Cal Crutchlow admits he is unlikely to sign a two-year deal to join Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad in 2013 during this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The British rider was expected to agree a deal to leave the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad at the end of 2012 in Mugello. That was when Ducati wanted Crutchlow to confirm whether he will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 July 2012 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

If you like Crutchlow.....

you would hope he avoids Ducati like the plague! As shown this year and occasionally last... Stoner is equal or only slightly more skilled than the other two and a half "Aliens" and in 2010 he had to ride out of his skull to get anywhere near a result. The "Factory" Ducati's are just too long in the tooth or out of touch to be properly competitive. Sounds strange I know referring to them as out of date when they seem to bring out a new version for Rossi every fortnight but much like their formerly dominant superbikes, Ducati in GP is getting confused easily, becoming forgetful, dribble, and smells like wee. 

"Factory" Ducati results in the dry this season predominantly places them as 1st CRT. And if it is not full factory and your wounded your buried in the CRT's!!! If Cal wants to be no.1 CRT rider but without the CRT trophies/credit/points at the end of the races..... then sign for Ducati. Never been a fan boy but if Rossi still can't get within 20 - 30 seconds of the leaders Cal has no chance. 

Better to spend another year with Monster money, duking it out in the top 5 week in week out. With Stoner gone and Dovi bagging podiums left right and center this season, a Tech 3 podium for Cal is surely only a matter of time. Steer well clear of Ducati badger boy!

Ciao Mama's 

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Stats not good enough?

Muchtooslow:  2 years,  24 starts,   0 podiums,   0 pole    0 wins
Slowesland:   2 years,    31 starts,   0 podiums,   0 pole    0 wins  They are going mad over these stats above. Thinking that this would ensure said rider to acquire a Factory ride

Funny that you imply that those stats aren't good enough to win a factory seat.  They're pretty much what Rossi's had for the last couple of years and he's been on a factory bike.

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

does he have a contract to sign or think about signing??

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Lazy much?

@MASHWREN - "does he have a contract to sign or think about signing??"

If you're too lazy to read the article, how about just the headline?

Cal Crutchlow waiting on Ducati contract

And from the article, they quote Cal as saying ... "It is their decision. Everything is discussed but at the minute we don’t have any paperwork. I don’t have a contract so I can’t do anything."

The confusion comes from Cal shooting his mouth off prematurely to put pressure on Yamaha and/or Tech3.  Herve called his bluff last week and the factories probably haven't been as impressed with his form (on and off the track) as some around here.

Factory Yamaha is a now a pipe dream for Cal and if the Ducati deal isn't done and he doesn't find his early season form, he may even struggle to hold his Tech 3 seat.  I'm sure Herve appreciates the money Dorna give him for having a Brit, but he can't be too pleased with the way Cal's conducted himself.

From the article, Cal seems ready (if not a bit desperate) to sign a Ducati contract.  Interesting to see how this plays out.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Tetsu

Now you mention it it is very strange the way the whole Cal/Ducati contract was played to the media. 

It was most unusual to see a rider pressure a factory publicly like that. 

I liked Cal a lot and still do buy he seems to have changed somehow, and to me its not for the best. Maybe he is more confident or maybe it's cockiness I am not sure. I must say I prefer an underdog to a braggart but that's just me. 

I hope he hasn't gone and fucked it all up for himself. The lack of current form he can't really help but the the attitude and dealing/playing with the factories is. It's the combination of poor current form, at least by reference to Dovi, and the risky playing the factories against each other in public no less that has maybe seriously messed things up. 

Cal maybe be best hoping that Dovi gets thhe factory Yamaha ride so that there is a space for Cal at Tech3.

Cue days of our lives theme song.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@parris

"I liked Cal a lot and still do buy he seems to have changed somehow, and to me its not for the best. Maybe he is more confident or maybe it's cockiness I am not sure. I must say I prefer an underdog to a braggart but that's just me."

Cal's allright.  I've pointed out here before that he comes across as a FIGJAM and braggart, but I think it comes from a genuine lack of confidence mixed with some good results - an overcompensation of sorts.  It's gotta be hard to keep your shit together when you're in the big leagues and I reckon Cal is struggling a bit.

The best thing he can do is forget about playing politics chasing contracts (he's so far out of his depth there it's not funny) and focus on getting some podiums, beating Dovi, and letting the contracts come to him.  He's probably overplayed his hand here. Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducati

Pile of crap anyway pointless riding it for wins ,the only thing its worth is a 5th place and some glory as anyone would think 5th is like a win on that thing. If Rossi wasn't on it , it'd be classed as a CRT , thats about its level . Like many riders ,Cal's had his go and the factories don't seem to like him. I'd do what Foggy did and forget about GP , struggling to hold on there is such a waste of time .

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

arrrr!

so iam right then TetsuoSama. at the moment he doesnt have jack shit from Ducati. if its not on paper its not worth anything. i hope he doesnt go to Ducati. good old MCN reporting he had a contract to sign. haha. everyone in england thinking and speculating on will he go or wont he and he hasnt even been given any paper work yet!! Maybe its time to just enjoy the racing and the future will sort itself out.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

You're on the money

Mashwren.  That seems to be the current state of affairs.

We speculated that the battle between Cal and Dovi will be one of this year's highlights and it's been the case so far.  Cal's lost a bit of momentum, but was only 4/100 behind in FP3.  QP up soon.  Woot!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Crutchlow

crashes and still out quallys Dovi and Spies....:lol::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle