Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Marquez can be MotoGP world champion MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Marquez can be MotoGP world champion

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Marquez can be MotoGP world champion

Valentino Rossi believes rising Spanish star Marc Marquez has the potential to become MotoGP world champion in the future. And factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo reckons the former 125GP world champion will be competitive and fighting close to the front in MotoGP right from the start of the 2013 campaign. Marquez confirmed today on the eve of the Italian Grand Prix in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 July 2012 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi has said this kind of thing before its nothing new but Marquez is a very interesting addition to the MotoGP class I am really looking forward to next year.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Good move by Honda, the only person they ever wanted to replace Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

What A Revolation ! NOT !

Marc Marquez would not be joining the Honda factory team if they didnt think he was up to the job.Honda have got the rules changed just to get him into the factory team.You dont go to those lenghts for nothing.He is Caseys replacement & next year will be interesting.

I dont think he will win next year because it will be a year to learn,but 2014 should see him become a serious contender for the title.I think Honda have made a good rider choice with Marc Marquez,he is a good investment for the future.Who else can take the fight to Jorge Lorenzo ? Dani ! Rossi ! I think not,even though Rossi on the factory Honda would have been interesting.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Shame Casey won't be part of the mix..

It would've been great to have a sorted Ducati with a hungry Rossi on the grid next year, with Marquez on the Honda as well as Stoner in top form. Unfortunately it would seem only one of those suggestions is guaranteed!.. Shame..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

BoyBilly67

You mean other than Lorenzo?...!!!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Casey will be missed

Casey will be greatly missed,he is the only person in Moto GP at present capable of challenging Jorge Lorenzo.I have said it many times before,Casey & Jorge are at the same level in my opinion.Very different riding styles but both at the top of theyre game & both capable of winning the championship this year.

With out Casey Jorge has no real competition untill Marq Marquez learns the ropes in this class.Its a shame Casey is leaving but I respect his decision & wish him a happy retirment when he leaves.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

It's good to see some new riders in moto gp,but he needs to hold back a bit on the aggression ,plus Bradley smith, should be interesting,the only one to worry should be Micky Hayden,

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

COMPETITION

LORENZO 99 YOU SAY JORGE HASNT GOT ANY COMPETITION OTHER THAN STONER. DIDNT PEDROSA BEAT BOTH OF THEM FAIR AND SQUARE LAST WEEKEND AND ISNT PEDROSA 2ND IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?? AS FOR MARQUEZ, THE JURY IS STILL OUT. MOTOGP 2 SUITS HIM BECAUSE HE IS VERY LIGHT AND ON THE BEST BIKE. IT COULD BE DIFFERENT ON A MOTOGP BIKE I PERSONALY WOULD LIKE TO SEE SCOTT READING ON A COMPETITIVE MOTOGP BIKE. HIS WIEGHT WOULDNT BE QUITE SO IMPORTANT AND HIS BIKE CONTROL AND AGGRESION IS JUST AS GOOD AS MARQUEZ   

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

rachet

Next season, JLo should have not too much to worry about. Yeah Dani had a good w'end and is dong well. But over a season against Jorge? No chance. Jorges main rival is leaving and others are learning.

'L99' is right imo.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

CHRainmaker

I do believe they wanted to sign Lorenzo to replace Pedrosa. They only re-signed him when they realised Lorenzo was staying with Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle