Skip to content

Discuss This MZ Skorpion Sport - less than 30 left General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MZ Skorpion Sport - less than 30 left

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MZ Skorpion Sport - less than 30 left

Launched at the same time as the firm’s unfaired Tour version, and seven years previous to the fully-loaded Traveller incarnation, MZ’s Skorpion Sport was a breath of fresh air, and on the face of it, a much better bike than anything you’d have imagined possible when you consider the image the MZ name sometimes conjours up. Housing Yamaha’s XT660 motor within...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 July 2012 15:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DilR1

Jul 12

DilR1 says:

I had one and I know where it is now

My little Skorp has been sold several times but weve all known each other. Originally purchased by my late partner Joe, then to me as my 1st 'big' bike once my restriction was up, then to my mate after passing his test, then onto another friend for mooching around on after his accident.

It is one of the ones off the road for only 1 reason, the latest owner will not pass it on to the next person til he prooves hes insured it. Strangely I rode the little thing into its temporary home last week after nearly 10 years of not owning it.

I had a bsm can on it, (still on it) and it sounds awesome.

Slate this little bike all you like if youve never owned one but really they are so much fun.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

`key then

Ok, I would like to slate it...mmm, MZ skorpion, sexy like Mrs Widdecombe. Never had her either but still I opine.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

MZ skorpion

A few people used them as the basis for a supermono track bike. it was never going to set the world alight but was a competent real world bike

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

MuZ

I'd forgotten about the little Skorpion. It could be just what I need for hassling sports bikes along my local coast road :-)

Reply to this Topic
JessicaS34

Jul 12

JessicaS34 says:

I am a single biker woman. My friend told me about___seekingbikers.com___she told me it is the best place for bikers to find Friendship, Love, and Romance! I have tried, it is fantastic, hundreds of thousands of hot biker men and biker babes are there. Come in and give it a shot, you will find your biker match to share the passion for motorbikes! :)

Reply to this Topic
DilR1

Jul 12

DilR1 says:

Skorp

Ass toot, I said fun not sexy, sexy she wasnt. (Anyway whats wrong with The Widdecombe!? ;) ) lol.

She was as un sexy as her rival the Yamaha SZR 660 if anyone remembers. XT engine again and TZR frame? something like that. Haven't seen one in years, how many of them are left on the road MCN?

Reply to this Topic
masterdave

Mar 10

masterdave says:

id love one of these for twisties!

Reply to this Topic
katman635

Jul 12

katman635 says:

I can't believe there are so so few left as they seem to turn up on e-bay fairly frequently. i bought a 1994 model 8years ago as a stop -gap  whilst I made my mind up what was to replace my Guzzi., I still have it and use it every day for my trip to work in SW London. Apart from replacing the swing arm bearings I've done only regular oil/chain/tyre changes as necessary. Last weekend I went to North Wales on it sticking to A roads and avoiding motorways and it was great despite the constant rain.. Very comfortable and my 5' 8" frame fits it perfectly , just had a little knee stiffness for the last 50 miles or so. Very light and slim for slicing through traffic. Not perfect but a most underrated motorcycle. Nice to know I'm in an exclusive club with just 3 members!

Reply to this Topic
DilR1

Jul 12

DilR1 says:

SZR

Re my last comment bout the Yamaha equivalent the SZR660, look whats bike of the day

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

jessica34

By heck young lady you could be just what i need ! im a slightly fat bloke with a sarcastic sense of humour ( twat) average looking (dog) even mannered (always bad) pick my nose too much and have extreme flatulence,i am looking for an angelina jolie lookalike ,what do you reckon ? if not i will have to stick with my wife who looks like anita harris (very lovely) yes thats what ill do.take your crap and and stick it where the sun doesnt shine me dear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices