Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: CRT speed too slow, says Casey Stoner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: CRT speed too slow, says Casey Stoner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: CRT speed too slow, says Casey Stoner

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner has expressed concerns about the speed of the CRT machinery on fast tracks like Mugello after he tangled with Italian rookie Danilo Petrucci in practice earlier today. Several riders have been critical of the speed differential between the factory prototypes and the CRT machines, which use highly tuned production-based engines like Honda’s CBR1000RR and BMW’s S1000RR. Today...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 July 2012 17:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

pacey

stoner is an all round tosser like a lot of his fans.

Just get over it eh.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

jerkinthebox

You........ that its always stoner moaning about slower bikes.
have not heard lorenzo pedrosa or any others complaining as much.
Me.......... The second paragraph begins.........'Several riders have been critical of the speed differential between the factory prototypes and the CRT machines,'......

That's twice.

Making 'on track adjustments' is a seperate debate bud. Understand English please or clarify your point.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Poor Stoenzo

Thinks his daddy owns the track. Go home Lacey..........We know you don't like hard riding. Grow a pair or ask Crocodile Dundee to toughen up yor effeminate stature in some way when you retire.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

One of the problems with these CRT bikes is they can cost you when you are on a good lap in practice and qualifying as seen in previous rounds but like everybody they have a job. Milkyarse how old are you let me guess you are still 10.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

my point is

other riders may complain but act accordingly on track.
stoner obviously cant do that and these aggressive attacks have been witnessed on a few occasions.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Casey leaving

Casey - It seems to me that Casey is very much a marmite type of character.You eather love him or hate him.Me,I respect him.I may not agree with all that he does but I understand fully that Moto GP needs him & that his talent is trully amazing.People can slate him all they want but the guy is a genius.

Vilane or Hero the guy is a magor part of the on going Drama of Moto GP & I for one am glad he is part of it.If nothing else he gives you guys some thing to debate,argue over & talk about.For that very fact you should be greatfull.Casey will be missed,& when he leaves all the haters will have to find anouther rider to attack.

Mean while please feel free to dish out your hate on this web site for a rider that has provided you with many exellent races like Laguna Seca etc for several years.Please continue.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Lorenzo99 I happen to be one of the guys that respects Casey on here its sad to see him leave the sport his departure will be a massive blow to the paddock when I look back at his time in MotoGP best racr I ever saw was last years Laguna Seca event that breath taking pass on Lorenzo for the lead some sort of payback I would guess after what happened in that epic 2008 tussle with Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

jack

Agreed bud. Phew, we got there in the end ;).

Anyway, Stoner has definately shown himself up at times on track, agreed. But others show 'their worth, or lack of' in the paddock/media over the years. I'm sure you'd agree.

Glad we cleared that up bud.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Wrong again, wosi

"Casey Stoner didn't win much in 125/250/990GP before he hopped on a superior 80"

Just because he didn't get hype, doesn't mean he wasn't impressive.

The year before he stepped up to MotoGP, he was the best Aprilia rider by a mile.  The championship was Honda, Aprilia, Honda, Honda, Honda with Casey coming second on the Aprilia to the factory-supported Pedrosa.

But the Aprilia was obviously the best bike on the grid, right?

He bagged 5 wins, too.  If a Pom had that sort of year, they'd be hailed as the second coming.  Remember what Bradley Smith had to do to get massive props and a Tech3 MotoGP contract?   3 podiums, 0 wins!  Hahahahahaha.

Casey spent a year on a KTM 125 and gave them their first ever win.  Obviously it was the best bike out there. In fact, he's won races every year since 2003 except for his rookie year on the LCR (best finish was a second).

Until 2010, he's always been on lesser bikes battling with Golden Boys like Pedrosa and Rossi.  The 2007 Ducati was shit in the same way it's always been shit  - fast in a straight line, rubbish around the corners.  If you've got enough skill and balls to force it around corners, you're a chance.  Ask Rossi.

TL;DR  - You're ignorant and wrong - Casey is a genius and he's kicking Rossi's arse (again).  Stop being such a miserable prick about it.

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

With over 30 seconds behind race leader I think we should kick Ducati bike off the grid as well... And nobody gets close to Pesrosa Stoner,Lorenzo.... We should have 3 riders grid! Why dont they combine WSB and MotoGP ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices