Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice

Valentino Rossi has denied he is trying to influence Ducati to re-sign current factory team-mate Nicky Hayden over British rider Cal Crutchlow for next year’s MotoGP world championship. The 33-year-old, who kicked off practice for his home race at Mugello with the ninth fastest time, denied he had said that his preference would be to partner Hayden in 2013, should he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

keep watching

after the next few rounds. mugello and laguna, he wont be top duke then, hes hanging on top ducati yes i get that point, but it wont last the season hayden is the better bet, but his name keeps his ride, not ability.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Cal is becoming a legend.

I just shit myself. Could a Brit come clean up. Cause that all they good for.

Muchtooslow:  2 years,  24 starts,   0 podiums,   0 pole    0 wins

Slowesland:   2 years,    31 starts,   0 podiums,   0 pole    0 wins

"no one cares what we say, valentino is still a legend, cal fast becoming one too!

I say take the two year deal cal, on a factory desmo, and have a scream at how boss your life is. live long and prosper mate, our very own FACTORY MOTOGP RACER. The stuff of dreams"

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up milkybars, at least u checked those stats for me while i was asleep.

Like i said, legend, here's the real stats for u. Cal, 43 starts, 18 podiums and 4 wins. can u confirm this for me?

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Cal legend continues

with the addition of his lil national go cart racing Championship in WSS and his paltry racing in WSBK. Oh the Brits, what legnths will they go to add to a below par competition. Racing against Brits ....oh I musta shit myself again on that thought!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Last time Rossi got edgy about a possible team mate was when job wanted to sign casey stoner, so rossicould be worried about ducati signing cal

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

blood

I'll be the first to admit that i've had more than many chuckles due to Vale on the Duke. The fact that he's come nowhere near Stoners results is one thing. The other being that he is dicing with Nicky and a few others. It's a piss poor way to finish a great career imo. He shoud retire with what little grace he has left.

That aside, what will Vale do with an Audi financed bike that he's failed to do with other's fantastic finances in the bike? Diddly imo. Therefore, fresh blood. Cal +1 (maybe Nicky) would be a good way to start. It may not be perfect, but the boy will at least push the f------g bike hard, lap after lap.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Nicky over Cal? Of course not!

"Valentino Rossi has denied he is trying to influence Ducati to re-sign current factory team-mate Nicky Hayden over British rider Cal Crutchlow for next year’s MotoGP world championship."

“No, this is not true (that he endorses Hayden)."

Of course he's going to deny that.  He wants Nicky out.

Ducati are desperate to re-sign Rossi and will do whatever he wants.  Hayden is gone as long as Ducati can sign someone Rossi is confident of beating every week (it won't be Barbera).

As for the holdup, I hope it's Ducati wanting Rossi's signature before the give Hayden the boot.  It would be a disaster for them to lose both.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Even less than that

"Are you being mischievous Tetsuo, or do you really think Rossi is afeard of the perennial tailgater?"

Afraid is the wrong word.  I don't think Rossi is "afraid" of anyone.  I think he would prefer someone less competitive and he usually gets what he wants.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

no assurance

and does audi dummy enough to pay 30M euro for shit?????? it'll be a laughable decision since audi himself already stated that enter motogp is so expensive.

going retire by no choice left is really would be a shamefull thing. goodluck mr. 9 times ass lucky big mouth WC.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Motoking since Audi himself do you make sense.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle