Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi denies influencing Ducati on rider choice

Valentino Rossi has denied he is trying to influence Ducati to re-sign current factory team-mate Nicky Hayden over British rider Cal Crutchlow for next year’s MotoGP world championship. The 33-year-old, who kicked off practice for his home race at Mugello with the ninth fastest time, denied he had said that his preference would be to partner Hayden in 2013, should he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 July 2012 17:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Stumble upon

All Ducati can hope to do is randomly make something that works by chance , they've lost the plot as far as development goes , they're too busy trying to look good , rather than doing the job they need to do , waste of time the lot of em

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

I NEVARA A LIE.........

Wow ain`t Rossi fast ? A legend some might say,in the same class as Hector and Nicky,now that`s value for money. If only the bike was the fastest thing in a straight line,{ oh fck me it is },well the corner`s thereafter will take care of themselves....ha-ha-bloody ha !

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rev Ducati used to be fast in a straight line not no more though after engine regulations came into play straight line speed belongs to Honda.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

To be fair to Vale I think every racer has a preferred team mate but very few have the media attention for this opinion to matter. Truth be told I think the biggest problem with Ducati and Vale is as institutions they prob have the same number of die hard fans. If they'd been in the hunt for race wins and the championship this wouldn't be a problem but instead the blame game is played for being uncompetative.

Also I don't think the team and rider have gelled as well as previous relationships for both for example 2007 Stoner takes the title he gets credit and rightly so but alot of credit goes to Ducati for the bike admittedly supportted by speed trap data. 2008 Rossi takes the title after Yam spend big on development and Rossi gets the tyres he so covetted yet Rossi takes most of the credit. What I'm trying to show is in previous years when things went well for either they took the lion share of credit and the fans of each loved the status quo but now who is to blame for being off the pace. "Can't be Rossi 9 time world champion" verses "Can't be Ducati look at when they had Stoner".

Something has to give if Rossi stays and still can't get results I reckon the WRC will be calling stronger than ever maybe even retiring halfway through the muted 2 yr deal that's on table.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Ducati still a drag racer

"Rev Ducati used to be fast in a straight line not no more though after engine regulations came into play straight line speed belongs to Honda."

The Ducati has always been top or near-top at the speed traps.  That's still the case this year and certainly at Mugello.

Edit: FP3 speeds aren't up yet, FP2 was ...
1. Barbera Ducati 346.7
2. Rossi Ducati 344.1
3. Hayden Ducati 343.6
4. Crutchlow Yamaha 340.8
5. Lorenzo Yamaha 340.8
6. Dovizioso Yamaha 340.8
7. Pedrosa Honda 339.9
8. Spies Yamaha 339.5
9. Stoner Honda 339.1
10. Bradl Honda 338.3

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Seems his mind is made up

Looking at the new design of his helmet with the "Let's Stay Together" slogan, it can only mean he intends to stay with Ducati and is now making a public statement to Audi that they have to make this project work. Surely this gives Audi a stronger bargaining position.

Personally, sadly, I think it's going to be a continuation of his two-year Ducati disaster (Dusaster?).

Whether it's Hayden or Crutchlow as his team mate next season will not change anything for Rossi's fortunes. Hayden's speed has appeared to benefit from the changes to the bike, but Rossi has not.

Only way I can see it happening is if Audi group underwrite a huge expansion of Ducati Corse's resources (a winning Rossi/Ducati combination will reap massive commercial rewards) capable of spitting out brand new prototypes halfway through the season like Honda have done. Preziosi has rolled out NOTHING worthwhile because he has no more answers, it appears.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Revnev

Err hasnt Rossi asked for a less powerful engine, that can get the power down through the corners and help with exit speed????

No the fire breathing superfast in a straightline engine is prozoisi's dream and the failing of the project overall. A balanced package will beat Prozoisi's bag of shite anyday

i agree with you over the waste of money. Why pay to get  the greatest rider of his generation, then ignore his feed back,and just give him what you want to make anyway??

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

No no no.

"Rossi asked for a less powerful engine, that can get the power down through the corners and help with exit speed????"

Rossi has asked for smoother power deliver and they've delivered a new engine and electronics to achieve that.

"Why pay to get  the greatest rider of his generation"

That depends on how you define his generation.  If you're excluding the other aliens, you'd say he's the only great rider of his generation.  If you're including them, you'd say he was probably the third greatest.  Second at best.

"then ignore his feed back,and just give him what you want to make anyway??"

I know Rossi said they've ignored him when he spat the dummy at the start of the year, but that's just how he plays the media manipulation game.  Preziosi came out perplexed at the comments (it's on motogp.com).

You cannot say that Ducati haven't bent over backwards for Rossi.  New parts galore.  New frames, new engines, new parts everywhere.  When Rossi is now asked what he needs, he says he's out of ideas.  Ducati have tried to make the changes he suggested, but they haven't worked.

You can argue they're incompetent, but it's not fair to say they've ignored him.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Tetsuo

Same difference, could be bothered written war and peace, A smoother delivery is far more productive to a savage power  output thats totally unsettling the chassis.

Ducati withPrezoisi in charge , let their bike development fall behind the japanese manufacturors and are frantically trying to catch. Rossi asked for smoother power, Prezi just gives more power. why?

The the nine titles on 125, 250, 500, 990, 800, make him the greatest rider of his generation.Can you tell me another rider who achieved anything near??? thought not..........................

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Why?

"Rossi asked for smoother power, Prezi just gives more power. why?"

That's a false dichotomy.  You can have both more power and smoother delivery.  Rossi's feedback was that it was an improvement.  Whether or not it was enough or was the problem is a different question.

"The the nine titles on 125, 250, 500, 990, 800, make him the greatest rider of his generation.Can you tell me another rider who achieved anything near??? thought not.........................."

Nice open-minded answer.

Again, it depends on how you define his generation.  Head to head, Casey has a far superior record and Jorge has a similar record to Vale.  That's over many years and while Rossi was at his prime and they were rookies, etc.  You can say Rossi is the best of the riders of his age, though.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices