You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > eu rules

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

krazybiker

Jul 11

krazybiker says:

eu rules

ok folks question.if i have a dealer approved arrow exhaust system fitted on my triumph by the dealer and these eu rules come in saying no aftermarket exhausts would this meen i have to take it off and refit the original even though its dealer approved?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 July 2012 16:38)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cans

Don`t know,i thought legal end cans had E.U. approved stamped on them.

I have a scorpion can on my bike British/E.U. approved i`m sure,so this can`t be changed surely?

Somebody on here may know more.    

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

E.U approval

means the cans are legal as the law stands today,if the law changes stipulating that none of the original parts can be changed or modified then aftermarket mod's would be illegal.

Saying this, I think seeing as you had the bike and added mods before any new laws were past you should be ok,only bikes purchased or modified after the new law would need to comply.Can't really see them trying to un-modify millions of bikes and cars.:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Krazy

NO.
It will only effect NEW bikes. That is, bikes that are NEW AFTER the new rules come in.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

anti tamper rules

you don't need to worry about future EU legislation the anti tamper legislation will not and never has applied to big bikes the legislation applies to mopeds and small bikes that are restricted from the factory.

this whole lie was produced by an MP who wants the UK to pull out of Europe and has used bikers to help his cause.

it seems even MAG got suckered into his little game.

Read Here

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices