Skip to content

General Speed limits: 40mph plan for country roads General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Speed limits: 40mph plan for country roads

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Cleanwipe

Aug 02

Cleanwipe says:

Speed limits: 40mph plan for country roads

This is on the BBC website, for f**ks sake what next?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18840110

:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 July 2012 17:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

aye

I heard that an' all. Twats.

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

what a complete load

of rubbish when will the health and safety brigade stop

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it's for your own good....

they don't want you to have a mullock with a tractor and s*** spreader or an herd of cows/flock of sheep etc....So it's easier to make millions of motorists go slow,than tell mr and mrs potato head to look after their f****ing animals and put lights on their shit spreaders/trailers.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

They can

put the speed limit to what ever they want,the chances of me taking any notice of them are slim.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

fuckin

nob noshers:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

A shame

these clueless pillocks weren't so vocal about sorting out the bloody potholes etc.

Dropping the limit means that the little money that does get spent will be reduced even more.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

ya

Have to stick to 40 tho the fekkin roads are fekked at the minute flooding here has ruined the roads even further

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Because

Jeremy Clarkson is a Twat..plus he hates motorcyclists and everything else on the planet that isn't jeremy clarkson.. lanky streak of horseheaded shittiness that he is :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

the problem is not the limit

but the fact that some clueless council bureaucrat will decide where it should be, the fact is national speed limit is kind of optimistic for some country lanes. Some of the country roads are definitely not safe, no hard shoulders, no guard rails at all and the lane width is well below 3.25m safe width. Actually some contry roads are so narrow that a truck cannot fit in lane. I wonder where my road tax money are going?

And 20mph for town main road means that if there is a need for it the road should not be there, main roads should be designed for traffic that moves, not to mention the modern car and bike gears are NOT designed for such crawling speeds I mean the pollution will be enourmous :mad:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

stop bleating and think for a moment

OK so they put a 40mph limit on every bit of country road in the country. So what? Unless they are going to spend ¬£millions on speed cameras or employ thousands more plod how in hell are they going to enforce it? Not a chance in hell. Where I live we have a website that posts where the idiots are going to be with their camera vans, they even post where the civilian numpties will be with THEIR cameras too so we know in advance where they will be so we just either slow down at those points or just avoid em, easy. The chances of getting busted for speeding on a country road is about 1% of the chances of hitting a tractor. Chill out. :smiley: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices