Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid

British rider Cal Crutchlow was left to rue a late crash in qualifying at a scorching hot Mugello this afternoon that he believes denied him the chance to score his first ever MotoGP pole position. Crutchlow had just gone out on the one remaining soft front Bridgestone tyre he had left when he crashed at Turn 12 with 12 minutes remaining. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 July 2012 18:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Go on Crutchlow.  United Kingdom (-1) is backing you lad.  Everything is in the mind and you're in a very good place right now.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Just wish he wouldn't make statements like I should have been on pole (especially when he contradicts that with his last comment...) Lorenzo was heading for pole on his last lap and it would have taken some effort to have beaten that time.

However, great recovery having to go out on the other bike and bang in a quick lap. Pressure dealt with, no problem.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

To be that close

To the factory guys on a satelite bike is pretty impressive in my book. Barbera tho. Now that was a great result!! Interested to see if he can hang in anywhere near 2nd come the race. Unlikely!!

Reply to this Topic
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

You pathetic twats

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Moving back ON topic

"We think I pushed hard with the new front and it wasn’t up to full temperature."

WTF is going on with these tyres.  Warmest conditions of the weekend and guys are still losing the front end way too often.  Cal, Ben, Dovi, Alvaro (many times), Yonny all losing the front today.  The teams should start billing Bridgestone for the repairs.

Gavin Emmet made the point of reminding us of Casey's comments at the start of the year that this front tyre was going to be problematic on the faster circuits like Mugello and it looks like he was right.

@Benny - I haven't heard your apology for your outburst and pathetic impersonation of me the other week.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Lost

What's happening mum and dad are fighting all the time. What ID got nicked. Two with the same dog photo is way confusing. I don't understand.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Tets..nobody is complaining about the tyres. Not even the Repsol guys. They've won the last two and the moaning about Bridgestone has stopped.

Pedrosa won last week but hasn't changed his view on the tyre. He hates it, thinks its crap and wants the old type back. He just doesn't bother mentioning it (unless asked like last week) because he knows it won't happen.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

No news is good news ... for Bridgestone

"Tets..nobody is complaining about the tyres. Not even the Repsol guys. They've won the last two and the moaning about Bridgestone has stopped."

You're right.  Everybody's gone quiet on the tyres since the weekend they disintegrated and put tyre warmers on them in parc ferme.  Nothing weird there at all.

It never occured to me the all the teams have solved the problems they were having and are now completely satisfied.  I just couldn't reconcile that with the comments on chatter and (as was my point) the amount of low-side crashes that are still occuring.

Here I was thinking that Dorna must have asked the teams to not comment on tyres in return for some sort of deal where Bridgestone give them more tyre choices each weekend.

"You wouldn't be trying to make excuses for Casey now would you?"

Huh?  Casey didn't crash and hasn't said anything about the front tyre as far as I know.  I'm just making a point.  For a tyre that was supposed to warm up quickly and prevent front-end crashes, there's been a heck of a lot of low-sides on them.

I don't need to make excuses for Casey.  I watch the sessions and think I've got a decent idea of what's going on.  You'll be disappointed if you think Casey will be so far off the pace in the race ;-)

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

@Tetsu

The one tyre rule has just been blown away, quite a fair wide selection has just been offered this weekend - not enough to suit everyone but a lot better. So we now have a wide(ish) range to choose from. This makes the 'Restricted to one manufacturer' rule semi-redundant because with a wide range of tyres you may as well allow other manufacturers to 'have a go' as well.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Benny, mind your language please....

If you have a gripe with someone on here, do it via PM and not on the public pages. This is a motorcycle forum and not 'Take a Break'. If you have an issue with the Wosi (someone else who comes on here to wind everyone else up) then go somewhere else to bitch slap each others faces. It is unacceptable to use that sort of hated language on a public forum. Grow up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices