Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Late crash costs Cal Crutchlow pole bid

British rider Cal Crutchlow was left to rue a late crash in qualifying at a scorching hot Mugello this afternoon that he believes denied him the chance to score his first ever MotoGP pole position. Crutchlow had just gone out on the one remaining soft front Bridgestone tyre he had left when he crashed at Turn 12 with 12 minutes remaining. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 July 2012 18:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

erm.. yes & no.

Tets is correct. Nothing has been mentioned (not even by MCN that I could find) of the decision to obstruct media view of those 3 rears (in fact, I had forgotten about it because no-one was talking about it). Agreed, It's odd that Casey isn't blaming the tyres (I guess because he's blaming everything else) and yep, watch him fly today. I don't agree that a wider range of tyres from the same manufacturer makes the rule semi redundant. It's the same manufacturer. Michelin compounds are completely different (and a certain 26 decided to bin them off halfway through a season). So to me, it's just a wider range. The real question is why they really dropped the rule. Wonder how many free lunch vouchers the boss of Bridgestone sent to Dorna? (Prolly a lot but not as much as Honda have)

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Why don't you two bore off....

Go on Jeremy Kyle instead of on here. There is enough rubbish written on here without you two multiplying it by ten fold. Stick to PM or meet up for a fisty cuffs session then tomorrow you can both get up for school nice and early.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Two mistakes is fail time

Fark.  I'd worked out that Casey was trying the extra-hard in QP, hence his pace being so off at the start.  He looked like he tried both the hard and extra-hard in the warmup this morning (with some success), as did Pedrosa (with less success).  Couldn't believe that he went with the hardest option in the race, though.  That's the second time he's made that mistake this year.

His second mistake was pushing too hard to catch Nicky.  Shit happens.

Have to say that his move on Bautista was too hard - too dangerous.  I hope he apologises.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Bautista took that well

In the replay did you see Bautista look to his left in disbelief (WTF mate?!)   You can only imagine the outburst from Stoner had anyone stuffed it up like that to him.  Smacks of Desperation.  And as you say, extra hard rear was a repeat mistake.  The seemingly infallible Stoner looking well fallible. Oh dear.  Anyway, more imoprtantly well done Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Dovi.  Bradl was a class act and well, not sure what happened to our boy today, but 6th was decent enough considering..... Bring on Laguna.

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

Offensive posts

Threats and abusive language will not be tolerated. Offenders will have accounts deleted without warning. Ped

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle