Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi too slow on soft tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi too slow on soft tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi too slow on soft tyre

Valentino Rossi conceded he simply didn’t have the same pace as Ducati rivals Hector Barbera and Nicky Hayden on soft tyres after he slumped to a lowly 10th on the grid for his home race in Mugello. The 33-year-old set a best time of 1.48.502 but finished over 1.2s behind Dani Pedrosa’s pole position time. But what made Rossi’s fourth row start...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 July 2012 19:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Results finally showing

Now the Ducatis are dialed-in to the new front and rear DUCATI tyres you have just witnessed the results - one new bike and one old bike up the front. LOOK closely - no new frame in sight, they swapped the tyres for proper ones and 'Hey presto” old bike and new bike work just great in hot dry conditions. It never was the frame - including the Carbon Fibre - that's why it couldn't be fixed, nothing wrong but the tyres. >>WIEGHT DISTRIBUTION<<

Vale not dialled in yet?

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

one fast lap!

Its the race that counts!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Heh heh

Your funny!!????????? No doubt in the race Rossi has a big chance of getting with those other dukes. Disappointing quali tho from Rossi, even of it is his 'usual'

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

One fast lap

or two, or five

Whatever - it shows that there is speed in the bike. If there wasn't, it wouldn't even do one fast lap.

Are you trying to convince yourself that Rossi has tactically qualified in 10th? Sure the race counts, but even if he does finish ahead of the other two by a couple of seconds or so, it's hardly a result. He's struggling badly.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

bultoboy u prick

yes maybe there is speed in the bike but one 2 or 5 fast laps are no good in a 25 or 30 lap race which will probably be evident tomorrow.
Yes most realise Rossi is struggling at present but you seem to take real pleasure from that fact bringing it up at every opportunity.
Your not a real race fan.I believe your a sad stoner fan....ha ha now fuck off with your biased shite.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

bulto that's what Presiozi has been telling everyone since 2007, the only real surprise is you've waited till Presiozi has been wrong 5 years in a row to rally the cry , too little to late I suspect.... Hector gravel, Nicky tyre wear, all dukes in a row way before half way.. That's ducatis only reality.. If you haven't scored a goal in 100 matches and you trip up the ball rebounds off the back of your head and goes in, it is not proof that you are a world class striker or could be it is what it is and so is the duke.. Already read uncle vitos apology for tomorrow, it's the same as the last one and the one before and the......... you get it.. If Rossi stays and has the same desing team next year I worry it won't be on telly anymore.... There are simply too many other sports that have all their top competitors with good rackets, or a decent cue, or boots on.... Have to say that caseys had a hard session and all you hear form his fans is, rossi this, rossi that, no wonder he's fucked off, but at the end of the day it'll be because his own fans are twats not someone elses.. Give the lad a leg up you sooks..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jack me old china

You're entitled to your opinion of course, even if it is virging on bollocks.

The point is, Rossi can't even do one. There are 3 practise sessions before qualifying in which to find a race set up. Qualifying is about pulling out the fastest lap you can to stick it as far up the grid as possible. The benefit of that when your race pace is nothing special, is that you stand a better chance of getting a higher placed finish. If you start 10th and have slow race pace, you aren't going to make up any ground in the race. You'll be a few seconds back at the end of the first lap and stay there.

Rossi can't do one fast lap whilst the other two can. That, doesn't seem a satisfactory state of affairs to me - the bike will do it.

I enjoy watching bike racing. Most weekends I'm out competing myself. I don't know what you think that qualifies me as and more to the point, don't give a shite. Lay of the Top Deck lime and lagers.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hugelean

I haven't a fekkin clue what your ranting on about Preziosi, Vito and football?

Won't be on TV just because Rossi isn't winning. Yeah, right.

Too many babychams for you this evening.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bulto

Qualifying is about pulling out the fastest lap you can to stick it as far up the grid as possible. The benefit of that when your race pace is nothing special, is that you stand a better chance of getting a higher placed finish. If you start 10th and have slow race pace, you aren't going to make up any ground in the race. You'll be a few seconds back at the end of the first lap and stay there.

Lets see how the race pans out tomorrow,if your correct rossi will finish behind hector and nicky but i think rossi will have other ideas and prove you wrong me old china.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

what`s happening is

..........the truth of the the yellow cock sock wearing reality is that rossi,can`t set a bike up,can`t ride a bike he has to put effort into and is generally a ponce on the racetrack now real racers have turned up.......unlike sete u brushed my arm and i`m gonna cry now gibernau and cock ramp goaty biaggi......these boys are fast and rossi has been put in the shade

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices