Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory

Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo extended his championship lead today, dominating at Mugello to win by over five seconds. Lorenzo took advantage of Dani Pedrosa running slightly wide at the first corner to lead from start to finish. Pedrosa finished second, but was unable to keep up with his compatriot. Tech 3 Yamaha rider Andrea Dovizioso claimed his fourth podium finish of the season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 July 2012 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Read the feckin race report or do you not even bother carcleaner ?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

gettin confused??

I think you will find CCB that the bikes are fine the majority of the time.It is only in cases where a rider takes a detour or shortcut and does not complete the full lap like Lorenzo did yesterday that they will have problems.
As far as overtaking is concerned I doubt very much the electronics prevent that as was shown today by many clean passes.
I do agree though that all in all electronics have ruined Moto GP and taken away some of the rider skill involved.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

overtaking is easy you just shut your eyes and hope for the best

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes eddi

reckon thats what stoner did today!

Where are all the Stoner fans?

Where are all the Rossi bashers?

They were out in abundance yesterday!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

elbowz

i judge what i see with my own eyes elbowz. and want i see is four Yamaha's and the poorest performing one every round is ridden by Ben Spies. Theres a feckin excuse every bloody round for gods sake!!! Yet Yamaha are about to insult our intelligence and give Ben nice but dim Spies a new two year deal???? wankers

When has any other nationally rider ever got away with riding so poorly and kept a factory seat?? \passport rider and nothing more.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

beull

IMO the overtaking is being held back by the fact the computers are controlling the bikes horsepower levels through every bend, Crutchlow in the last few rounds has been clearly faster than the riders in front but struggled to get past. Rider skill is being taken away and the racing neutered.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Little evidence that mugello is historically a good track for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Where are all the Stoner fans?

Here i am Beull.

Golf today and just watched the re-run on Eurosport. Oh well, that'll be the 'kleenex' out for me for the second week on the bounce. Stoner's pass on Bautista was 'hard racing' at best or 'punishable' to sum degree. I moaned about Cortese's move on Kent at Assen and Casey's move today was equal imo.

As for the race. Sublime from Jorge, similar from Dani but just a tad slower. Bradl, a star in the making? Unlucky Nicky, good ride Vale and Cal has to sort his starts out. As for Dovi, apart from one slip when he overcooked going into Turn1 which allowed Bradl through, a fantastic ride and well deserved podium.  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

CCB what about Nicky even though he has a title how long has he been in a top team.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

not so sure

About that CCB. Other riders are managing to make passes without much problem but Crutchlow as well as he has done this season seems to be the one always stuck behind another rider.I dont think it is all down to the electronics but more to do with having the confidence especially today as he did not want to take out his new teamate at Mugello!
The Yam goes round corners a lot better than the Ducati does at the moment but does not have the legs on the straight.Is Cal good enough on the brakes to make these passes?His team mate seems to be pretty good at that type of manoeuvre though.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices