Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo eases to victory

Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo extended his championship lead today, dominating at Mugello to win by over five seconds. Lorenzo took advantage of Dani Pedrosa running slightly wide at the first corner to lead from start to finish. Pedrosa finished second, but was unable to keep up with his compatriot. Tech 3 Yamaha rider Andrea Dovizioso claimed his fourth podium finish of the season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2012 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ah Good Evening PC

Wondered where you had got to.Hope the golf went well today and you don't run out of kleenex after watching the race...ha ha.
Well summed up post bud.Only one complaint....its Bue....not Beu....ok bud.
Take it easy.

Reply to this Topic
Rossifan4life

Oct 11

Well deserved win.

Master ride from Lorenzo. I was surprised to see Pedrosa keeping up same lap times as Lorenzo for a while. It was shame about Stoner's race today, because he's the best challenger to Lorenzo for title this year. Great ride from Bradl, and Rossi did a good job to close in ppl in front of him on second stage of race. I'm just sad that race didn't last for 2-3 more laps, because we would be witnessing a great battle for 3rd place.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

beull ;)

I drove the ball like Casey rode today. Shit happens occasionally.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

I'm suprised

At the lack of stoner hating going on here. I thought that move on bau was well out of order, ok it was "a racing incident" but when stoner has been roughed up in the past( usually by Rossi) ala laguna stoner has complained like mad and blasted Rossi for dangerous riding!! Here he is not pushing bau wide or lifting him up but actually driving into his shoulder!!! U stoner fans wonder why people like myself struggle to like the guy...Regardless a master class from Lorenzo who is looking more and more like a champion, Rossi did well considering his starting posn, cal I hoped for more, spies shockingly poor....again! Dovi....looks like he should be on that factory bike!

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

snore

I've watched GPs since 85 and this season is boring they could take some notes from WSB, BSB

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Maybe Ben could put his foot down once he is given the new deal at his home event hopefully that knocks some of the mounting pressure he has come under. Problem after problem from a cracked seat, front end screwing up at Estroil after getting a good start, water goes into the helmet at Le Mans a crash at Catalunya while challenging for the lead, tyre issue at Silverstone same at Assen same issue at Sachensring and finally today illness and dizziness making him a doibt for the test at Mugello tommorow it is very sad to see a talented rider in this state I really feel for Ben.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

It's the Muppet show tonight

Although far from inspirational as the label said. Mindless uneducated banter from Buelli and CCB playing playstation motogp. Yes boys, no throttle, no brake lever, no dynamic weight transference control. Just an ecu and a couple of buttons, job done.

Jorge brilliant. He never ceases to amaze me with his relentless metronomic genius. Whilst I never doubted his ability to cope with the thousands I did think Casey and Dani's more 'modern' pick it up and drive hard style would suit better. I still feel the pendulum will swing back and Lorenzo will need this buffer, so as far as I'm concerned this remains a game on three way championship. 

Bradl just keeps building - results and bankability. From an upcoming talent perspective Motogp looks very healthy. The top three in. Moto2 all deserve big class time. Let's be rid of the been there's and see these youngsters strut their stuff.

Rossi remains a past his use by date dinosaur, like his team mate. Come on Corse show some balls and sign talent - Pol is screaming the word.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

top class weekend from Lorenzo, he's Mr Consistency so far this season.  i still don't think Dani is being given the credit for being a genuine title challenger this season - he's been on the podium at every race, bar Le Mans (and that was a 4th place), it's only the stellar form of no. 99 that's keeping him off the top of the standings.  a poor weekend all around for Stoner by his standards, not helped by his antics on Friday - and i don't understand the 'roll the dice' approach to rear tyre selection for the race, which smacks of desperation, not a scientific analysis based on two whole days of data gathering.  at least he's had the good grace to apologise to Bautista for that move, although i doubt he's enamoured himself to many more people this weekend.  not that such things bother him too much now in the MotoGP paddock.

as for the rest, Ducati must take some heart from the results over the weekend, although going quick in a straight line does help.  i can't see there being a big jump forward with the bike anytime soon, but if they can keep chipping away, then i can see more results like today's.  Cal still needs to practice his starts - it's clearly making the race more difficult for him slipping back into the pack and then having to fight to get the places back.  and Dovi is making himself difficult to ignore by the factory Yamaha team, despite what the media might be saying about Spies.  i wonder what Yamaha are waiting for regarding the second factory seat?

apart from Lorenzo, my ride of the day goes to Bradl - he's making good progress in an unspectacular way, but is clearly getting to grips with the RCV.  i thought he might struggle after Moto2, but i'm delighted to see him doing well in a team where it sounds like both sides are getting on.  and the circus goes on for no. 11 - to the list of problems of frame, visor, tyres and bogey tracks, we can add mystery air suit inflation and food poisoning.  i suppose out of about 90 GP riders, we could guess who would be the one that would get food poisoning - who also happens to live in Italy!  i have to question the wisdom of going out feeling like he wanted to barf every three laps and feeling dizzy - and dicing with the humiliating propsect of being beaten by a CRT bike for much of the race.  i doubt those five points will make the difference to his MotoGP future.  whether it's assured at Yamaha or otherwise.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Talking about past it dinosaurs who should find something else to do

No comment On stoner's performance nostro? Oh no, you're too busy blathering your rhetoric...

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Grammar

It's probably just me but as a respectable publication I believe MCN should pay a little more attention to correct grammar. 'Crutchlow moved passed...' is inexcusable. But like I say, maybe it's just me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle