Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Casey Stoner loses more ground in title race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Casey Stoner loses more ground in title race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Casey Stoner loses more ground in title race

Casey Stoner’s hopes of walking away from MotoGP at the end of the season as world champion suffered another major blow in Mugello yesterday. The Australian ended a difficult weekend in a disappointing eighth position and with factory Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo romping to a fifth win, Stoner heads into the second half of the campaign trailing the Spaniard by a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 July 2012 09:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ocd...

So would that be a better or worse p of sh@t Ducati than the one Stoner beat Rossi how many times with when Rossi was on what his team mate called the best bike on the grid?

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Surprised

Really surprised by such a drop in form from Stoner, obviously a trip thru the kitty litter doesn't help. What was it he said about Rossi and the Ducrapi, you have to change your riding style to work around the issues.....never a finer word said.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

JL was on another planet hate to say that.

I can only think if that Honda was free of chatter who knows the gap would have been close for Stoner to Lorenzo but I hate to say not even Casey would have beaten Jorge yesterday.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Critcism to the power of 10.

You know the yellow fairy brigade is struggling when a couple of bad results, one of which was a crash while fighting for the win on the last lap, is a 'slump in form' for a rider.

I'll bet Florence wishes his luck was that bad! A two race slump, compared to a two year slump? As for modifying his style, well Flo hasn't managed it in two seasons but I doubt we'll see too many here, willing to bet against another couple of wins for the Aussie farmboy this season.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Shawn...

"Yes, from Rossi's garage.  But not from him.  Like I said he's smart enough to know that people don't like a moaner."

Yeah... right! :blink:

So how many times have Ducati moaned about Ducati?... how many times have they said that Rossi isn't pushing hard enough?... I'd look out the Rossi moaning quotes but there are too many. He's gone as far as directly blaming Ducati for not giving him a competitive bike. I'd love to know who you're hearing the moaning in the Ducati garage if not from Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Ducati updates ready for Laguna Seca..............2013

Stoner must be rolling around laughing at Rossi and his old employers. Honda have given Stoner a couple of new chassis' to try at the last few rounds and now they turn up with a completely new bike and engine. What does Rossi have to test? Pathetic - Ducati are bordering on CRT standard at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Now is the winter of our discontent

Leaving aside last week (which could have been a win though more likely a second place), this is Casey's first bad result due to not putting a competitive package together.  Practice was a debacle where they tried all sorts of suspension mods which achieved nothing, and qualifying was mediocre at best with Stoner on the second row behind 2 Ducatis.

For the race they gambled on the super-special hard rear and crapped out, with Casey making a mistake when pushing hard to get within sight of the podium.

The collision with Bautista was unfortunate - Stoner went in too hot and Bautista wasn't in the mood to give ground, even though he had been holding up Stoner for a number of laps.   Hardly worth forensic analysis but when you are desparate to bring someone down then any morsel to scrap over will do.

I don't think it's quite time to panic yet - Casey commented that he wasn't getting the same heat into the tyre that others were at Mugello.  Could just be a bogeyman circuit for him, or a consequence of bad chatter.  No doubt Honda are moving heaven and earth to find a solution, and if/when they do then a few 1-2 results (like they should have had at Sachsenring) will cut Jorge's lead very quickly.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Flo fans are such dumb c***s!

Chuppachump, your comments are so inaccurate, it's not funny!

You should attempt to research the topic again, you have a lot to learn!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

The Farmboy

Sorry but the Oz farmboy won't win another race, he's doing his usual trick of going backwards.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices