Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi reflects on missed podium chance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi reflects on missed podium chance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi reflects on missed podium chance

A stunning charge in the second half of yesterday’s Italian MotoGP race came close to securing Valentino Rossi a brilliant home podium for Ducati at Mugello. The 33-year-old ended the first lap in 10th before he embarked on a brilliant attack that almost presented Rossi with just his third podium in 26 races on board Ducati’s factory Desmosedici machine. Eight of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 July 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

'So last season' eh Hardlylean

Hasn't stopped you inventing new excuses to explain away the piss poor performance of Uncle Carmelo's favourite nephew.

This is what it comes to now in Oompa Loompa world. A nine times world champ gets a fifth and CheekyMonkey calls that 'brilliant'. At least you for one CM are bringing a degree of realism to your still skewed outlook. Although 'Brilliant for Rossi' would perhaps have stated it better. After all he expressed his satisfaction with his D16. He knows his station now - watching the really fast guys on the big screens. Ha ha.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

hmmmm

*checking calender to schedule up coming eye examine*

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi reflects on missed podium chance

Uh?

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Second that

P.C .

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

The only riders who could have a claim at a missed podium are Bradll and perhaps Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Lol

Yeah t is a bit presumptuous lol but he was riding the duke the best I've seen him ride it. Ok it was mugello there test track so I'm not getting over excited. But all the crap on Saturday about he's passed it had me chuckling. Although im still 50/50 to see if he can pull a top three in championship off on the duke ?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Rawdawg

"Finishing 5th was a good result but lets not act like he didn`t have help..."

I read ok thanks.

Nostro, yes I take your point about my definition of Rossi`s result. "brilliant" is of course relative to previous results. :smile

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Jorge was very fortunate that everyone was slower than him.??? Rossi had podium place but 12th was too far back. In fact he's the only on to win from that far back in the last dozen years.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

A good ride

From Rossi, as in the past he has the skill and race craft to get a good result from a poor grid position. Luck? Not so sure. If Hayden had a bit more of rossi's cunning he could have got a podium/ 4th instead of 7th.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Good progress the last few races

second half of the race only lorenzo was consistently faster than rossi and its not just because its at mugello last year he finished 30 seconds behind lorenzo. Just needs a decent qualifying result. Slow and steady progress. Im starting to think Cal doesnt have the best race craft, weve seen him stick behind alot of riders looking like he's being held up at times and still not able to get past, im thinking pedrosa at jerez, dovi last week and at some times valentino this weekend.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices