Skip to content

Discuss This Illness rules Ben Spies out of Mugello test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Illness rules Ben Spies out of Mugello test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Illness rules Ben Spies out of Mugello test

A virus that ruined yesterday's Italian MotoGP race for Ben Spies also ruled the Texan out of today’s test session at the Mugello circuit. Spies had a disastrous Mugello race after he was struck by a suspected bout of food poisoning during Saturday night. The 2009 World Superbike champion could only finish 11th after he complained of dizziness and sickness during the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 July 2012 15:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hey Milky

Tell me how Cal is 5th with 95 points

Tell me how spies is a poor 10th with only 66 points

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

maxyam Nicky had a chance to ride for Yamaha but turned it down on two occasions 2003 and 2005.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

From Motorcycle USA:

"The 2011 calendar year ended weeks ago, with fiscal reports on the motorcycle industry just starting to roll in. One of the big winners in the American market appears to be Ducati. The Italian marque claims an impressive 43% increase in motorcycle sales. Ducati credits its Diavel and Multistrada for the sucess, with each a Motorcycle Best of 2011 Award winner."

so much for MotoGP having a commercial impact on domestic sales. i can't imagine that anyone in the US saw Hayden finishing 14th at Indy last year and then suddenly felt the urge to rush out and buy a Diavel.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

At least he showed some grit running in the top six in the early parts of that Indy race last year before fading away down the order wrong decision to go on the soft tyre in roasting hot conditions.

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

How come someone can be caught up with so much $hit in a single season? Tires Issue, Broken Sub frame, food poisoning, stomuch virus you name it! I will say it again! I think Lin Jarvis need to consider replacing some of spies crew if he is to sign him for 2013 and beyond. I will start from Tom Houseworth down to mechanics, data guys. How come they still having problem giving this guy a competative set-up and it's always a struggle for him to get dialed in. Anyway i know it's out of topic. But i feel strong about that and i think Ben and Yamaha should consider putting new faces on that side of the garage.

ENTER CRISTIAN GABBARINI and his crew!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Vonich

Exactly, just how much bad luck can you have. I get cluster theory and clumping and all but sheesh. We can't doubt what they are sayng so I suppose its just a matter of waiting to see if the bad luck stops and bens results pick up. As always I like all the riders bar one and so support ben but I must say its getting hard to not wonder and I find myself a little doubtful of the all the reasons for the incidents sometimes.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Here is what Ianonne said about the GP12

Iannone is now tied with Pol Espargaró for second place in the Moto2 championship, both 34 points behind Marquez, and the talk has started about a possible future in MotoGP.

"I still don't know if I'll ride in MotoGP next season.  I feel ready, but I only want to go if I can have a competitive bike.  As an Italian rider, it would be very special for me to ride an Italian motorcycle.  I couldn't ask for anything more."

A seat with Ducati could potentially make him teammates with Valentino Rossi, and both riders share the same favorite color: "All that yellow in the grandstands wasn't for me, it was for the greatest rider of all time."

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201207157601/Iannone-crazy-for-a-Ducati.html#ixzz20wYVmtWr

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

And Rossi said this about Ianonne

What did you think of Iannone's win?

"It was fantastic.  He really loves Ducati, and I think they should give him a bike next season."

Read more: http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201207157603/Rossi-A-podium-wasted-at-the-start.html#ixzz20wZLDRRD

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Vonich like I said its a question does Spies have the guts to do it.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

I Spies with my little eye...

Something beginning with B?  Yes, that's right... behind Crutchlow!  So according to the silky bar kid, that must make Ben waytoslow, correct?

Although, I'm interested as to why the contract discussions (which were supposed to be sorted out in Mugello) with Crutchlow haven't been reported on yet.  All pen and no paper... maybe they're after Iaonne after all?  Oh dear.  Hayden to WSB then?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices