Skip to content

Discuss This MoT shake-up planned General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MoT shake-up planned

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

MoT shake-up planned

Motorcycles could face tougher MoT-style tests under EU proposals. A planned Europe-wide annual inspection could be more expensive and complicated than the MoT bikes currently undergo in the UK. The new test regime could also be used to restrict modifications to bikes according to the Motorcycle Action Group. The group’s General Secretary Nich Brown said: “We could be faced with a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 July 2012 17:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Again.....mcn....

......old news, this was muted last year, but since the current Government want out of the EU and to drag our own laws back from the EU, monkeys will fly out of my butt before this happens.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Get Out Of The EU

'The current government want out of the EU'  nice thought, but Cameron and his minder Ken Clark are arch EU enthusiast's, hell bent on breaking up the UK into 'Regions of Europe',  Hence the only way they would dare hold a referendum is if they were 100% certain of winning, and hence moving the EU 'United States Of Europe' grand plan forward, there's no prospect of them winning of course,as the British public have had enough, just weasle words from Cameron to sound tough,

Abolish the Euro and the EU, full soveriegnty and independance for each country, not to mention the huge savings to each involved by scrapping the Brussels gravy train

Reply to this Topic
aboutye

Jan 11

aboutye says:

Why is it everytime that MCN and specifically Steve Farrell try to get involved in Ridersd Rights type issue just simply f**k it up.

Is it because there is no regime of investigative jounalism at MCN - just rehash old stories or your souce hasn't got a clue or you are trying to make your source look stupid and out of date.

Off course as you recieve the articles and information I put out through Right To Ride http://www.righttoride.eu/?page_id=3435 there should be no excuse..........................or is there?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Enough of this SHIT....

Here we go again. Still that ain't so bad as the 40mph speed limit proposed for country roads that I read earlier. 25 Million BRITISH people Drive and ride....... it's about time WE started to make some noise.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

dont panic dont panic

As with most legislation there is a way around it.keep your standard parts put them back on for the mot then put your tune up bits back on after.Simple.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

We've already had the updates for cars and trucks, they include such things as the main beam warning lamp and that the drivers seat adjustment locks properly.

We need to remain vigilant but don't panic yet.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

It’s easy as that Spirit, I work in Germany a lot and the guys with bike’s have to have an MOT tester check over the bike every time the put something on like new peg’s, bar ends, belly pan hugger and all parts have to be manufacturer approved, so no M&P specials.
Every time you see the TUV (MOT) man you have to pay £100 and have a document that you have to keep with the bike for all the bit’s you’ve added so no changing back :(

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Why are Governments in this country so keen to get motorcyclists off the road completely. It seams as if every few months a new law comes out to make it either harder to pass your bike test and now they are making it harder and more expensive for your bike to pass its test and on top of this a reduction to 40 mph on rural roads.

Whats arround the corner I dread to think....

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

EU Twatocrats

I hate them I really do.....!

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Euro bull crap

Well said Snev and aboutye, just checked your web link.
From reading between the line its obvious that government’s be it Euro or UK have a problem with smaller scooter type bike’s, I often see the young  scooter idiots zipping around without a care, and this is all over Europe.
On a separate rant, I’m planning my summer Euro ride and now a new law has come into force in France making it compulsory for drivers to carry a breathalyser kit in their vehicles or risk an on-the-spot fine. What if I’m Muslim? 
Euro / Europe governments  Are we European, why do we put up with neurotic government bull crap,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle