Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner expected to race new Honda motor in Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner expected to race new Honda motor in Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner expected to race new Honda motor in Laguna Seca

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner is expected to race a brand new Honda RC213V motor in the Laguna Seca MotoGP round later this month. The Aussie got his first chance to evaluate a brand new RC213V during a one-day test session at Mugello yesterday and he was happy with the performance of a new V4 motor. The 26-year-old though won’t ask HRC...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 July 2012 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

I like the way Stoner does say what he thinks ""I didn't get any benefits from it so there were no positive points, so I decided to stay with the standard bike. It was a little disappointing." Not certain Honda do though, especially given his 8th in the race. Personally I think he has already hung up his helmet. Like a firework in racing terms. I think Micks words about Stacey being as good as him are ringing in his ears. Rossi and Hayden missed the podium by @1 and 1.5 secs. There was good racing as well. So hopefully they will continue to improve. Then at least there will be a good number of experienced and rookies all looking for podium places.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

smilo...

"Personally I think he has already hung up his helmet."

Stoner was the one crashed pushing fro a win in Germany when he could have coasted round in 2nd (or 6th)... & he was the one who rode off into the gravel when he pushed too hard in Italy when nothing was really working for him. Whatever his problems are (or are not) it's not lack of commitment.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

He certainly does say what he thinks

In MCN Casey closed off the Bautista incident with "I think he should be more unhappy at me running off the track and coming back on and still being faster than him.  That's more of a dissapointment".  Now that's a guy with a lot of humility.  Or not.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

SMILO

Think your right there wish he would just leave now

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Nah, he aint hung up his helmet yet...

He is just slipping backwards again just like he did at Ducati!!  He is having to ride the Honda over it's limits to account for him not being able to find a decent set up after a year of him developing the bike... I think we will see a few more "off track excursions" in the coming races by the goofy one.. It's 2007 & 2008 all over again....

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

lol Moaner

"He is having to ride the Honda over it's limits to account for him not being able to find a decent set up after a year of him developing the bike.." Wasn't he just winning races and leading the title a few rounds ago? Hasn't it only been a month that they have been working exclusively with a new tire that they have been forced to used? And this is after they had to re-work the bike from adding an additional 4kgs, right? He's been on the podium 6 out of 9 races (3 wins) and only 1 of those was before being forced to use the new tire exclusively and that was a 4th place. Sorry, but anyway you cut it that's pretty damn good. I don't even want to go on a rant about riders and "development". Speaking of "development" and Ducati and going backwards, exactly how many races has the "development genius" Rossi won over there the last year? 18 months? That's what I thought. Glass houses, sitting, throwing, rocks, etc. etc.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

hedgy

Stats are just that stats, they can do used to support, or argue against another point of view.

I'l break it down what STATS i view as relevent

Number of championships attained, these show true success and the use of skill and a brain.

Consistently high placed finishing ratio, to build the points required for the above.

STATs that count for jack shit.

Pole positions. Does being on pole win  races and championships? no

Fastest laps, see above

high podium finishes ( if combined with sticking it in the gravel the next race) see Stoner end of 2010 for details.

getting a good race set up is more important than poles, somewhere near the front will do.

fastest laps dont mean shit if you burn your tyre out, or youve left it too late to challenge for the win.

being very consistent and settling for the best you can do on a poor weekend wins titles , not throwing it away because your STATS need another win in that column, See Stoner for details

The STAT that will really count in 30 years time. the number of titles a rider achieves in career. 

Best rider in the 800 era? joint with Rossi , get over it  :lol::ph43r::tongue::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

CCB

I'l break it down what STATS i view as relevent

It don't work like that bud.

Best rider in the 800 era?

Stoner............. FACT. But not in your bedroom.

'moaner'..............................Listen to 'rawdawg' bud. It'll do you good in the long run.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Now now Pacey

Dont lower yourself to the level of the one eyed cock jockeys.

I aint slating Casey as such, it  the one eyed fan boys. Did we not agree that it would be an awesome fight between Stoner ,Rossi, Lorenzo, (throw in Doohan for that matter) all in their prime would be a hell of a battle.

Hedgey base's everything on what the stats say not what his eyes see. They dont make anybodies point right or wrong. Your up at anyone who critizises your hero to defend him. but can at least listen with out the insults ( i'l ignore your bedroom jibe)

Read my points again and tell my why im wrong? true success is judged in titles won nothing more.

Christ ther poles the fastest laps and the wins counted for nothing  when you finish 4th overall do they??

Edit. Hayden is a world champion but has only ever won 3 races

Pedrosa has never won a a Moto GP title has won    16 races......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

CREAM WILL RISE TO THE TOP,{ AGAIN }...

Even though the goal-post`s have been moved,with weight and tyre`s,I wouldn`t be surprised at all if the B.O.A.T. win`s every race, in the second half of the season.    Stoner retire`s as World Champion,while prototype`s still rule,that`ll do pig.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices