Skip to content

Discuss This ECU glitch halts Valentino Rossi’s Mugello test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > ECU glitch halts Valentino Rossi’s Mugello test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

ECU glitch halts Valentino Rossi’s Mugello test

Valentino Rossi’s hopes of getting in vital development miles on a revised Ducati GP12 engine in Mugello were wrecked by an engine management glitch that forced the Italian to miss most of the afternoon session. The Italian had only completed 23 laps when a new ECU failed at Turn 12 and Rossi crashed out as a result. The 33-year-old was unhurt in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 July 2012 09:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

after many frames,honda wheel out a totally new faster bike,and after all the stalling,,and promised upgrades  ducati turn up with feck all. but a dodgey ecu,no new engine,etc fk its like going to a banquet and pullin out your own hard cheese sandwich, flossi/hayden may be unhappy with the ducati bike,but i bet they are really pissed off with the non deliverance of promised upgrades,looks like the new engine etc will be ready to try a couple of races before the seasons end, that might just be enough for flossi to say, fuk this for a show,and seek another ride  somewhere else

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Judge you flake

Both Hayden and Rossi have looked elsewhere. Nobody will have them!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

Assume you are a part of their management team then! and no it all, fook all

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

hello46

did you not know nostro was the most knowledgeable being here? All i know is he doesn't know what he's talking about but he's going to tell you anyway. As for who is going where, lets just wait and see, 'cos so far no ones gone anywhere.! ( except Casey who is taking his bat and ball home)

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nostro is seldom up to date, and the huge picture of a twat where his face should be confuses his logic,, though for the life of me I can't think why.. Marlboro Yamaha anyone Marlboro head honcho is serious talks with yam and dorna?? Have to get out my old fluorescent pink and white AGV though no doubt it's a huge nest by now.. Would prefer a Honda version.. Ducati why are you offering Rossi huge money to stay yet when it comes to the only thing he asks for, you delay and delay and then still don't deliver...??? money where you mouth is and all that, talk is cheap etc) They really couldn't look any worse than they do, and all of it falls at Presiozi's feet. Though with him being chief designer and MD of that department the chances of him performance managing himself out are close to nil.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nice one!

I did guess that he knew nothing by his comment, all we can do is listen to people who are actually working within the sport and read what comes out of papers and on websites.

As you say so far only Casey is a confirmed mover. Maybe the wife will get fed up of his moaning next year when he is at home board and make him a welcome return to racing again!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

That's a blow for the test and I imagine some Italian Enginner will be staring at the midnight clock whilst Prezzio goes home to make sweet love to his (the engineers) wife.  After all that's happened and his talks about being happy to stay with Ducati (alright mate) me thinks Rossi is grateful to pen another (big bucks) deal with them.  It will continue to pay the bills on his Ibiza villa and let's not forget the Sky dish he ordered for his Italian mansion (whilst living in London) which tripped him up with the Italian Tax man.  Thing is only one of them really wants that signature.  Looks like Hayden could bounce back given the US clout he brings with him (greenbacks talk - figuring the pattern?).  He's quite big business over there, although not exactly a contender for the WC but hey there's only 3.5 guys in it this year.  All seems to have gone quiet on Cals contract, what's happening? Or is MCN keeping shtum ready to surprise us only if we buy tomorrows edition of MCN (Which I will anyway).  Screw it Audi, run a 4 man factory team with Redding and Cal.  Get your hands round those Italians and thrash them for all thery're worth.  p.s. can I please have a Panigale?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You'll have to forgive nostrodamus guys

he's feeling very embittered due the piss poor and frankly dangerous performance of his boy at the weekend. No championship for casey this year. No fairytale ending. Just regret methinks

Reply to this Topic
SkinnyDave

Jun 12

SkinnyDave says:

In relation to the comment that Rossi has looked elsewhere and nobody will have him is a bit untrue to be honest.

Another website commeting on Dovi's (Justifiable to an extent) strop at Yamaha has quoted Nakamoto saying that he would like to work with Rossi and although its not been possible to place him in Factory team he is prepared to offer a works bike in a Satelite team.

Ducati has not worked and there will be tails between legs but even with Audi investment I dont think that the relationship with Rossi and Ducati is going to get better and he only has two years left to be competitive

I would personaly like to seem him look at this option with Gresini and ride the bike that was meant for Simonchelli as I think that would be a fitting end to his career.

I would also like him and Lorenzo to go Hammer and Tongs on the race track over the next couple of years.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ducati improving.

Looks like Ducati are making progress which is good for them but watch out Yamaha and Honda will move the goal posts and improve their bikes too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices