Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN July 18: Kevin Schwantz takes over MCN General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN July 18: Kevin Schwantz takes over MCN

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN July 18: Kevin Schwantz takes over MCN

In this week's MCN, out July 18, 1993 GP world champion Kevin Schwantz guest edits the paper and chooses the best road bike for grown ups. Once you've grown out of sports bikes, what's the next best option? Schwantz finds out. We also find out just how hard it is to beat a GP legend. Also this week we ride the all-new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 July 2012 11:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondmog

Oct 08

hondmog says:

schawntz

At least with Kevin in charge we might get some decent news instead of all the normal gutter press stuff that keeps being printed

Reply to this Topic
BobLeDuc

Jul 11

BobLeDuc says:

What do you mean "out grown sportsbikes? When is that going to happen? To paraphrase Charlton Heston: When they peel my cold dead hands from the clip-on bars....

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Knackered Joints

The body grows out of sports bikes, not the mind. That's why I love the new naked's, Tuono, Brutale, Speed Triple R... Makes it easier for old B*******s like me to ride with knackered joints.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Yank twat

Here we go dig up another yank hasbeen to promote a bloody yank bag of shite cruiser. And what does he open with Hi Im kevin, Sound like a window licker

What is wrong with asking a british legend like Ron haslem, Trevor nation , Steve parish and Jeramy mcwilliams to name but a few. Oh no we cant do that can we, God MCN you realy are scraping the bottom of the barrel,

This country has produced some brilliant racers and you ask a BLOODY YANK

My dad was riding fast bike up untill he died aged 72, his last bike that he had bought was a triumph 675 street triple and he loved it , pitty he only rode it about 8 or 9 times before he died. And he rode fast he left me a few times,

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

bird1050

Putting it very midly, I don't agree with your dumbass post!

Some of us who are sports fans used to enjoy watching Kevin Schwantz racing the old 2 stroke 500's.  I think you will find he still is very popular as a result rather than some has been, particularly when he achieved more than any of the names you mentioned!  Hardly scraping the bottom of the barrel getting a 500cc champion to add his input for 1 week FFS.  Plenty of time to get a British racer to edit the paper, why don't you suggest it to MCN directly?

Reply to this Topic
MCNGuyP

May 09

MCNGuyP says:

@bird1050

Terrible manners, dude, but just to be clear: Haslam, Nation, Parrish and McWilliams have ALL been in the paper being treated reverentially in just the last few weeks alone. We esteem them all greatly. Kevin Schwantz is a rarer visitor to these shores and our pages, he does have a World Championship to his name, he's a hero to the world's most popular rider and he's a nice bloke too. I don't believe we treated him any better than he deserved, and you do yourself a disservice dismissing anyone, let alone him, like that.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

bird1050......

Your post contains some of the most sad comments I have ever read on here. So full of hate and ignorance.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

actually bird1050....

To call Schwantz.... "a has been Yank" shows a level of ignorance that I find offensive..... who do you think you are exactly ??????

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bugger me I'm on one now....

Bird.... Try asking those British Icons about Kevin Schwantz, Let us know what they say...Yehh?

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Now-Now Boy's!

Now-now snev, calm down! I'm sure Schwantz won't be loosing any sleep over birds 'silly' comments. For the record: Had a pleasant conversation with Kevin Schwantz and Graeme Crosby at the 2007 TT. Croz, who I've met before, always comes over as one of the lads. Kevin, slightly more serious, but non the less a gentleman. Both, I personally believe, are great ambassadors for the sport we love! p.s. Have to agree (having ridden the V4 Tuono) with Kevin's findings/comments. IMHO that is. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices