Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/You answer: I think my biking mates may be dangerous General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/You answer: I think my biking mates may be dangerous

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/You answer: I think my biking mates may be dangerous

For the last year I've been going out on rides with a group of people I got talking to at a local bike meet. To start with I didn't really see them because I was so slow that they just cleared off (I only passed my 18 months ago). But now I'm getting a bit quicker I've seen what looks like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 July 2012 13:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
M1kiboy

Dec 02

M1kiboy says:

Sensible riding wont make that much difference to a spirited ride if you have people who can ride rather than getting on a bike agoing.

One lad on a 125 rode happily in the fast group and a couple of sports bikes were in the slow group.

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

mates riding

who's made this crock of shit up?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

shallwedance

EXACTLY.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Own your opinion

You might want to be honest & up front..." Hey I get a real sense your putting yourself at risk, what do you think?" Personally I'd find some mates that ride in a similar way to you, be yourself and enjoy your bike at your own pace/ level of risk.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Who wants to be a sheep, ride by yourself

Reply to this Topic
bikerred

May 05

bikerred says:

Man up

Just tell them their riding is shit & dangerouse, if they dont take notice they will end up in a wooden crate. You could be diplomatic but why bother if they ride like t**ts talk to them like t**ts.    

Reply to this Topic
jackintherok

Nov 11

jackintherok says:

Trust your feelings

You've already answered the question. It's all about feel whether it's your butt, eyes, hands, feet, the road, other road users, or potentially tricky situations. If you feel they are driving DANGEROUSLY, then your not enjoying the ride. End of story. If you continue they will get you into stuff and you may end up a better rider for it, because they will force you to push the envelope. But, if you feel they are dangerous, keep away, you will be suckered into some situation sooner or later, which means they control you and if lady luck isn't with you, you'll pick up the tab.

Reply to this Topic
zephyrdave

Jul 08

zephyrdave says:

book

Book yourself some advanced training - IAM or Rospa are ok but need a bit of  time commitment so perhaps Bikesafe or the Enhanced Rider Scheme would be best as they're usually only a day or so. Tell your mates you don't really want to go on your own and ask one or two of 'em to go with you. With any luck you'll both get something out of it. You could even contact the trainer before the day and explain the situation to them.

No one wants their mates to get killed and you may be in a position to reduce the chances of that happening, if you do or say nothing and one ends up in the morgue you'll regret it. Perhaps some of your mates actually want to back off a bit but don't have the balls to say so for fear of being laughed at. Biking should be about fun, not fear.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

road riding

with it seems now about  1 in 6 drivers on the phone -texting- eating drinking ect.the only place to go quick  now is at a track day.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

bikerred/chriswren

Bang on fellas.who pussyfoots around mates ? get thee behind me satan etc

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle