You are in... Forums > General > General > help

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

loopylou898

Apr 11

loopylou898 says:

help

I passed my direct access last year and rode the bike (ER6) for awhile. i then put it away for winter, now ive got it back out (weather getting better) and have found im too scared to ride it. Any tips to make me feel at ease with it please

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 July 2012 15:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

nervous

It does happen from time to time,check the tyre pressures and make sure the bike is in order after lay up and ride when the roads are dry either early morning or a cloudy evening (no sunset).Remember it`s your right hand that controls the power.:smile

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Go back

to the riding school. Ok will cost a little bit but spend a morning on a 125 in a safe environment then do as Jaffa says and put some miles in that's all you can do

I dont ride in winter half as often as I used to so now I do notice a difference come "spring" when I hop back on. Takes a couple of sessions to begin to gel again with the bike and to get my head around the difference after the car in winter.

Reply to this Topic
loopylou898

Apr 11

loopylou898 says:

Thanks

for the advice, will try again tomoz when hopefully i wont feel so bad about it.

Reply to this Topic
loopylou898

Apr 11

loopylou898 says:

good idea

Thanks think maybe it would do me good to ride something smaller for couple of hours just to get the feel of things. Was a bit surprised to feel that nervous, thought it would be the same. thanks again

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

loopy

I remember when I got my first CBR600 delivered to me, after riding a 250.  
I just left it in the garage, as I was so scared of it.:upset:

A mate came around, and said, "come on then" and dragged me out.  After that, I never looked back.

Either go out with a steady friend, or arrange to meet one somewhere - then you will have to go.  You'll soon be fine again.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

What you can

also do (depending on your work patterns and locality) is go for a short run on familiar roads (even if its only 3 or 4 miles) either late evening or very early morning when there's less traffic distracting you.

I've been starting work at 5.30am, so I'll go out for a quick run 4am / 4.30am - light mornings, (hopefully) dry roads, barely any traffic except the odd taxi - magic.

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

worries

if you passed your das you really shouldnt worry

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN