Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati to utilise Audi expertise MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

Ducati will start utilising Audi’s vast technical expertise immediately to try and improve its Desmosedici project in the MotoGP world championship. Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi said Audi’s acquisition of the Bologna factory in a deal rumoured to be worth over £700m would give Ducati’s engineering group access to a huge pool of knowledge. The Italian manufacturer is trying to close down...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 July 2012 14:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

The real question is

Will Audi be replacing you Mr. Preziosi? Rightly or wrongly, some think Preziosi and his line of thinking and problem solving is what's wrong with the Ducati MotoGP project. Personally, I think he's done a good job considering the size of Ducati and amount of resources in terms of money and manpower they have compared to Honda and Yamaha. But is he the guy to move Ducati forward? I'm not sure and it will be interesting to see Audi's answer to that question.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Audi Expertise !

Expertise ! I thought Audi produced cars ! Didnt know they had expertise in motor cycle racing yet alone Moto GP.Money yes,expertise No.The expertise will have to come from Ducati & theyre riders,I recomend they listen to them a bit more & give them what theyre asking for.

2 World champions on board theyre bikes & Jerry Burges should be all the expertise they need.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

All perfectly logical stuff

Well Rawdawg the latest wheeze from the Yellow Bellied flip-flopper is that the D16 can be a very good bike 2013. He can only be basing this opinion on his current steed, and given his satisfaction with his and the machines performance at Mugello you'd have to say the current incarnation is a 'very good machine'.

Preziosi's not going, especially to be replaced by some car jock as the Oompa Loompa's feel would be the magic bullet for Rossi success. Audi wouldn't have a fuggin' clue about the intricacies of a GP motorcycle. Their engineering might will merely be there to lean on as and when Corse sees fit.

Reply to this Topic
nippiman

Jun 12

nippiman says:

Cant wait to see the new 4 wheel drive desmocedici with annoyingly bright LED's

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Audacious

Imagine the smoke the new desmosediesel will kick out?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

2wd motogp bike

could be interesting.  Although Audi have no experience with bikes, presumably the extra money will mean they can buy in some additional expertise.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

desperados

jesus, iv never heard of an audi motorcyle, look how long it took bmw make and develop a superbike, i dont see how barring the rider or electronics issues ducati have how audi can help, only casey can save them now!!!!!! casey in a flash gordon style intro!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

ooh ooh Miss

..that horrible nasty wosis back.

I think Casey has enough of a job on trying to save face at the moment, trying to convince us fans were wrong saying he always takes a bike backwards and hasn't got a clue if it's not right in the first place.

It would be the death knell for Ducati if he went back. Be fun watching him implode though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I`ve just read this

and the expertise referred to was that in the electronics and prototype, one-off machining and engine development, fault analysis ect. 

I don`t see what there is to be flummoxed about. 
All I see is a report concerning Ducati and therefore a fair game for some people on here to write rubbish about.
Surely it would be an odd situation if they didn`t confer and pool resource's. 
Give them a break ffs and stop being so negative. 

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Welcome back Wosi!

Given that Stoner was consistently faster than Hayden, if you look at Hayden's current performance I reckon Stoner would be up at the sharp end on the Ducati.

And it's a bit rich a Rossi fan questioning Soner's development skills eh??  Glass houses etc? :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices