Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati to utilise Audi expertise MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

Ducati will start utilising Audi’s vast technical expertise immediately to try and improve its Desmosedici project in the MotoGP world championship. Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi said Audi’s acquisition of the Bologna factory in a deal rumoured to be worth over £700m would give Ducati’s engineering group access to a huge pool of knowledge. The Italian manufacturer is trying to close down...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 July 2012 14:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What?

Give them a break ffs and stop being so negative.

You're hoping aren't you....

What Audi can offer them is what was alluded to in the article, I agree what's the confusion. VAG are huge and Ducati will now have access to engineering expertise and facilities that they have not enjoyed before.

Where you would think it would help is getting ideas off the drawing board and onto the bike a lot quicker than they can now as much of the work could probably be done in-house by Audi. At the moment, Ducati have to use external suppliers and have no control over how quickly parts can be produced. In terms of engineering capability and improving the speed of getting ideas onto the bike, it has to be only positive.

It may also negate the affect of Marlboro pulling out, if it happens, as VAG aren't short of money.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Cameron..

Cheers pal..and as usual, you're absolutely right of course.

Personally, I thought he'd win all the races this year.

A little brain teaser, what number goes in the gap?

10, 6, 4, 3, 10, ?, R.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

OH REALLY ?

From a winning team to a four wheeled "motorcycle" with a steering wheel and some kind of "banker",{ no banker },driving. I bet Stoner ain`t stopped laughing for 20 month`s now !

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

kick ass bosses for preziosi

gotta be good for ducati,but not for preziosi,i reckon he will get slapped down pretty quickly with his( it will be ready somtime in the near future attitude).audi are cutting edge,no better ,space age with their ally/alloy engineering expertise,they could knock out half a dozen different frames in an afternoon and engrave prezzis fingerprints all over it,also they are experts in electronics  and have been for yrs.sure they have not done bikes yet,but classy german engineering and deadlines  they will do very well ,so if flossi asked for a new swing arm or whatever it should be ready in a couple of days time, no fukin around for months gettin someone else in another country to make it. just might be the reason flossi stays at ducati.or is it too late for that now.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

two seasons

BMW, with all their technical expertise and Motorcycle production, it still took them two seasons to fix the problem on their world superbike, they fitted Marco Malandri on it.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

@ CameronLeeds

Exactly

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Bodes well for Ducati if Audi means serious business.

I would be worried you know if Audi means business with Ducati but like I said they improve their bike Yamaha and Honda will move the goal posts further to stay ahead.

Reply to this Topic
yamahayzr500

Jul 04

yamahayzr500 says:

Ducati problems explained

This article seems to be the best explanation of whats wrong with the GP12, (view in chrome and let it translate) http://gpone.com/albertocani/2012/07/18/lanalisi-tecnica-il-telaio-della-ducati-gp12-e-la-questione-della-coperta-corta/

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

thejudge

I'm with you, it's got to be good for Ducati. Pehaps then, Rossi won't get a fcked up ECU.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

wonder if audi will be using the desmo valves in their cars rs6 desmoquattro lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle