Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati to utilise Audi expertise MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati to utilise Audi expertise

Ducati will start utilising Audi’s vast technical expertise immediately to try and improve its Desmosedici project in the MotoGP world championship. Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi said Audi’s acquisition of the Bologna factory in a deal rumoured to be worth over £700m would give Ducati’s engineering group access to a huge pool of knowledge. The Italian manufacturer is trying to close down...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 July 2012 14:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ducati problems explained

Interesting article but the first question that comes to mind is that if there is any truth in it, Burgess and crew would surely be aware of the points raised from his time with Yamaha and they would have been addressed in design?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Presiozi is the most important aspect of the project as far as Ducati are concerned. He is the heart. With the japs it's all about the bike engineers and team leaders change/move on , especially if it's not working. Furasawa would have been long gone at Yamaha if the project failed. It seems presiozi can't.. Indeed his position does not appear to have any motogp success clause. Bizarre in a race team.. Had plenty of chances.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

This will hopefully be what Ducati need’s to get that nail sorted. I can see Hans from Audi looking at Preziosi’s drawing board “Arr your problem is zis L engine, nothing vill vork until zhat go’s”
Seriously though I agree with thejudge about them being able to turn out frames/swing arms by the day. Duc have knowledge of bikes and Audi have a shit load of cash and German engineering quality. Maybe the answer but probably not :(

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I think it should read

Ducati to utilise Audi expenses,company R8's all round ?,Joking apart I hope they get the Duke back on track,it's boring Yamaha and Honda calling the shots and four full factory bikes with only two or three standing a chance of a win is v poor,and the number of quality riders coming along fighting for scraps its pathetic ,I can see more and more why Stoner wants out,politics and power calling the shots not the riders or ability,Beware though BMW close to getting the wsb bike sorted now cutting back,lets hope its to go into motogp not recession

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

BMW .....

... aren't coming to the MotoGP party anytime soon, judging by this article.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100733

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wosi

wonder when your nemesis will return,or was that gay lover? i could never work out if any of you two was gay, but my 1st thoughts given ur bi posts is yes.

but welcome back and keep it clean this time,none of us missed u really.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tippy toes..

I'll bear that in mind fogno1dea..as I'm sure we'll all do in the future when you're local.

Wouldn't want you and your sensitive liitle band of girlfriends getting their panties all bunched up and scuttling off to the moderator crying now would we?..bringing the PC police heat down and turning this place into somewhere we all have to agree. 

ooh ooh Miss..that nasty wosi and his uncouth friends have upset me?

Be careful around this one lads, especially if Casey has had a particularly bad day. Best off ignoring it's barely legible bleatings altogether..just to be on the safe side.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

IMPROVE

of course ducati would improve again just like in 2007 success. especially when they don't have to listen to rossi anymore. presiozi would be very glad about it cause all people blame him cause rossi spread rumour it's his fault. really annoying.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Might not help, but can't hurt

When my company was swallowed by a much larger one 10 years ago I started making exit plans in case the vision we had carefully built was squashed by red tape and inflexibility.

But instead they left the development labs intact and added the quality control and support we were lacking and the whole thing turned into a 1+1=3 situation.

So regardless of the lack of motorcycle racing experience I believe that the Audi resources could help Ducati close the gap to the other prototypes.  They do seem to be getting there slowly by themselves, but Mugello suits the Ducati powerplant and the US rounds will confirm whether this was just a false dawn.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Dont worry Wossi

The Stoner moaner is history at the end of the season until then we will have to put up with the usual drible they spit

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices