Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

600cc supersport bikes were once championed as the perfect bikes to tackle Britain's twisty, undulating back roads. But recent sales figures show a surprising lack of interest in the supersport market. Japan also seems less than excited by the class, with most supersport bikes receiving nothing but cosmetic upgrades over the last few years - the Honda CBR600RR is essentially the same...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 July 2012 17:12)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

None

the best road bikes have 2 pistons.

Reply to this Topic
2FAST4YOU

Jun 07

2FAST4YOU says:

Torque

I agree. V Twins rock plenty of grunt is better than high reving screamers. Still like 600's Just don't like the stupid 9k price tags they carry for models that are unchanged for 5 years.

Reply to this Topic
roytdm900

Aug 08

roytdm900 says:

sports bike

About time manufactures made a decent 250 cc, they used to be great fun, a good usable twin  at a decent price, papers are full of sportbikes and tests, its getting booring,

Reply to this Topic
Cottonmouth

Apr 12

Cottonmouth says:

750cc, anything less is just a girl's bike

Reply to this Topic
andsetinn

Jul 12

andsetinn says:

IMHO current motorbikes are just about unrideable. Even the liter bikes lack low rpm power, making them all pretty much unusable for legal driving (but very suitable for fun :)). The latest Fireblades reach almost 100 mph in first gear. My dream bike would be 600 or less, tuned and geared towards low rpm torque, not high rpm horsepower. For you wishing for 250 bike. Honda has new CBR250R, I've not ridden it but on paper it looks nice. Google it. :)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

1200 V TWIN

@11000 RPM redline, Honda engined, GIXER riding position, Kawasaki brakes, Yamaha MotoGP Tech... as for build quality? a combination of all four. Now if we could just have a little bit of Italian Flair added to the mix....

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Ideal SPORTS bike

250cc TWO STROKE twin.

Reply to this Topic
turnonthebrightlights

Jul 12

ideal bike

650 v twin

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

cut the fat

The biggest engine you can fit in a 100kg bike would be my choice. I like light bikes.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I bought a zx6r but it didn't have enough low end to mid range power so I switched to a cbr1000 but it wasn't really any different and not much faster. I realized I don't want a sports bike on the road so I sold the cbr and got a street triple and loving the power but no fairing makes it so poor on the motorway.... Struggling to find the perfect bike lol.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices