Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

600cc supersport bikes were once championed as the perfect bikes to tackle Britain's twisty, undulating back roads. But recent sales figures show a surprising lack of interest in the supersport market. Japan also seems less than excited by the class, with most supersport bikes receiving nothing but cosmetic upgrades over the last few years - the Honda CBR600RR is essentially the same...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 July 2012 17:12)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Addition.

It is a poorly thought out question.

Depends what the bike is going to be used for.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Sports bikes

It takes real skill to ride a slow bike fast. But it's easy to ride a fast bike slow...

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

none

Wouldnt touch one

They are over priced and you have to thrash the nuts off them to get anywhere, And the warantey is shit you have to argue to get anywhere as they dont want to pay for the repairs.

The only thing the japs have dont is little changes every two years AND ITS ANEW BIKE  bollocks

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

DOES SIZE MATTER......?

400-600-750 1000cc or bigger? Decisions,decisions what a tough life ey? Anyone who says they need a bike that can get them scraping their shoulder in a corner,have them flat out on the motorway at close to mach 2,have 200bhp plus is either a fantasist or a nutter? In reality,a 750cc bike weighing 145kgs,0-60 in 2.5 secs,tops speed of 170mph and kicking out 140bhp is MORE than enough. Also,the price of the things is prohibitive these days £10,500 for a Suzuki GSX-R750 is OUTRAGEOUS,stupid.:shock: About time prices came back down to no more than £7000 for a 750cc super sports,that way more people would buy them.

Suzuki had a brilliant bike some years ago in the TL 1000 S and R twins,but decided to develop the GSX-R 750 instead.
Fools !!! Brilliant v- twin engine the R version was bulky,yet,had the looks and could easily been developed,yet, years later when the engine was put in the V-strom,Suzuki did away with the 1000cc engine because they couldn't get it past  the emission laws.
Rubbish!!!:mad: LACK OF INTEREST MORE LIKE.......:mad:
About time that the factories curtailed the development process so that LESS new bikes are to be seen gracing dealers showroom floors with little more than 1000 miles on the clock,and keep the used prices up.:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

1000cc? Bah

I agree with a lot of the comments below, that the riding characteristics make as much difference as capacity.

My bike is 1100+ CC (Blackbird), lots of midrange, and useable power from 5K onwards. I can tour, I can commute and if I feel like it I can go ballistic. The reason it is so flexible is the amount of torque lower in the rev range.

I would happily ride a 750 if it had lots of torque, even if it lost 20BHP at the top of the rev range.

I might be alone in this, but I can't wait for battery technology to catch up with electric motor technology. The idea of having an electric bike with a semi decent range, bags of torque and a sensible weight is awesome. Can't be long now....

Reply to this Topic
mick662723

Mar 10

mick662723 says:

what?

Electric Bike?..Yep... I think you are alone. I can't think of anything worse.

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

I think the perfect capacity sport bike has nothing to do with displacement, but instead offering an affordable and non-intimidating bike that is not expensive or difficult to repair and encourages more participation at your nearest track for track days or club racing. I think that's what the hobby needs right now more than anything. There's not anything 'wrong' with the current crop of middle weight and heavy weight sport bikes at the moment, but I think a change is needed to re-invigorate the scope of motorcycling.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

1000+

i like power so any thing less than a 1000cc is no good for me a 100kg rider,thats why i like the busa. but it`s up to you at the end of the day.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

...........and next week's poll from MCN.

Cake - which would you have with a cup of tea on a ride-out? Battenburg, Genoa, Ginger, Chocolate or Fruit.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Everyone to their own but.........

............I'll stick to my R1 thanks. I've ridden a 750 Gixer, very nice but it lacks that last bit of insane power.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices