Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Poll: What is your ideal capacity for a Japanese sports bike?

600cc supersport bikes were once championed as the perfect bikes to tackle Britain's twisty, undulating back roads. But recent sales figures show a surprising lack of interest in the supersport market. Japan also seems less than excited by the class, with most supersport bikes receiving nothing but cosmetic upgrades over the last few years - the Honda CBR600RR is essentially the same...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 July 2012 17:12)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Nationality

Why would the ideal displacement for a Japanese sport bike differ from sport bikes of other national origins?

Reply to this Topic
chrismtb71

Aug 09

chrismtb71 says:

Mid Range

You can't beat the grunt that a 1000cc bike gives you, for effortless fast riding, and then you have the added bonus of mental top end when you want it!

Reply to this Topic
WavyDavy

Aug 02

WavyDavy says:

"Japanese" bikes?

You'd have thought that if this 'story'/poll is just about Japanese bikes, MCN could find a picture that didn't have a Triumph in it......

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Got to agree 1000+

Spot on chrismtb71 and cdlacey, I much prefer not to spend half my life the wrong side of 11,000 rpm.  So long as you've got some decent sense to keep the power under wraps when you have to, then litre plus bikes can be awesome fun.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Hyper-sports

Why no option for 1200cc+? Leaves out the Honda VFR1200F, Kawasaki ZZR1400, and Suzuki GSX-R1300.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Why no Hyper-Bikes ?

The question was about SportsBikes. Most SportsBike owners would not inlude the "Lard Ass" Hyper-Bikes in the same Group, Just as I wouldn't put the VFR1200 in the same group as the Busa or ZZR1400...( Personally). As for The 1000cc mid range grunt mentioned, well... in comparison to the smaller bikes, I would agree......... however the Hyper-Bikes win that comparison as shown in the Torque figures. eg  ZZR1400 =114ftlb. My Aprilia RSV1000 V Twin has a glorious amount of "grunt" low down and keeps going to around 11000rpm. I would like to see a Japanese 1200cc V Twin "Sportsbike" along the lines of the Honda SP1/2 . For a smaller capacity I would love to see a Honda V4 600cc, A bike way over due IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Bigger and Bigger

How things have changed over the years, When I was first interested in motorcycles in the late sixties before I was old enough to ride one, 650cc Triumph 650 BSA and 750 Norton's were then the ultimate bikes on the road, then Honda came with its 750 four, and still through the early seventies the 750 was the King, Mid seventies started to see a rise in capacity to the 900's but they tended to be heavy and not to good handling, and so the bar went up in the 80's with the GPZ 900, a big jump at the time and it handled very good for its day and so the story goes on, until today a 600cc bike capable of over 150mph are considered beginners bikes, I have a 1000cc bike, I love it, its great for long rides and touring, handles very well and though its not a sport bike, at reasonable speeds on the road its a match for nearly all bikes, but and here is the but, its not out and out fun, I would love to be able to afford more bikes, because I personally think, for a bit of craziness, smaller capacity bikes can be a barrel of fun

Riding a couple of weekends ago with a pack of 15, it was 2 riders that could out ride everyone else, one on an old FZ750 and a grey haired old man looking if he was out of ZZ top on a 1980's Motoguzzi 750, and the motoguzzi was astonishing in those conditions

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Sports bikes

As much as sports bikes seem like a good idea the problem with the UK is that there probably is no faster way to lose you licence than by buying a sports bike.

Sad as it may seem, plod and the govt want bikes to slow down even though by slowing down we get rear ended more by car drivers falling asleep at the wheel or fiddling with their knobs for some gadget or other in their car.

So sports bikes for me anyway are out.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fly by night...

Are there any statistics on "riders being rear ended" by "drivers fiddling with their knobs" ?????

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

I only voted 750 as 800 wasn't an option.

Now if Honda put a bike like their 800cc V4 engined RC212V GP bike in road trim on their showroom floors...imagine :) higher BHP than the S1000RR and weighed less than 600's out now, extra 3litres fuel over the 600RR...drooling arn't you?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices