Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Schwantz's post-sports bike picks First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Schwantz's post-sports bike picks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Schwantz's post-sports bike picks

Growing out of extreme sports road bikes, but unwilling to give up your mojo at the same time as your GSX-R? Ex-GP world champion Kevin Schwantz is your personal shopper. The 1993 500cc world champ has more riding talent in his little finger than the rest of us put together, but now he's also, like most of us, past his best,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 July 2012 10:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I thought that was a very honest opinion laid down. At an elevated age myself I think I'd have to agree with his picks but would have to ride the Triumph some as it might rank higher for me. Can't argue with the VFR though, very sophisticated piece of kit!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Can't argue with that, tbh.

My 1st in the garage would be the Tuono V4, madder than mad mac mad on Burns night.

2nd would be the Hardly Movingson,I like to chillax sometimes.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

O.M.G.

The great Mr Scwantz .....(screams like a girl).... This man Still ROCKS.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

sound is kevin top bloke.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

VFR1200F

I would have to go with the VFR1200F as an “only” bike, since it has optional hard panniers (although they are very pricey) and would be the only one that would not look silly with a top case. Bikes without locking storage are toys to me – I end up taking the Dullsville if I am going somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

What Harley are they talking about?

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

BMW ?

when he likes the VFR he should try a BMW K1300R or S ;o)

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

K1300S...

...Rode one recently, isn't a patch on the VFR12, not a patch and its uglier too. (although to be fair thats like saying which of the Williams sisters is the stunner, neither is exactly a looker)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Harley-Davidson

@ Woodystock – Does it matter which H-D cruiser? Other than the V-Rod variations, touring bikes, and Sportsters, they are all pretty much the same.

I would have used the H-D XR1200R instead, as it is the one H-D that could be taken to a track day or on a canyon ride without being an embarrassment.

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

how much !

nice to see the great man in the uk enjoying himself on road bikes,but i bet he got a hell of a shock when he saw the price of gas here ? oh well gotta get the tax in to fund all that mass mental illness known as LONDON  2012..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices