Skip to content

Discuss This Bikers ride with Mandela's message in Delhi General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bikers ride with Mandela's message in Delhi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Bikers ride with Mandela's message in Delhi

Over 150 volunteers celebrated the 94th birthday of renowned South African anti-aparthied activist Nelson Mandela by riding their motorcycles through the capital and spreading his message of peace and change. Organised by the South African high commission on Wednesday evening, members of motorcycle group Free Soul Riders (FSR) rode from the high commission's office in Vasant Vihar area to Raj Ghat,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2012 13:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gordonglover

Feb 04

gordonglover says:

this is just a political stunt keep politics and especialy sud afrika out of biking and msn, ; why was he imprisoned in the first place ???? do you really know the truth???

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

One mans peace activist is another mans terrorist  . Mandela  and his former wife have questions to answer  , but  motorcycle forums are  not the place for these kind of politics . The only type of politics we should be aware of are the dodgey laws sent to plague us from Euroland &  some ill advised one"s from our own government . We have enough  trouble keeping our eye on the ball here without being sidetracked in somebody else"s problems .

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Africa

I see nothing wrong with this article being here, it is about bikes and in africa.

Just a point we have to ask in relation to what has already been said by the other two posters.

Yes he may well have been a terrorist, but you have to ask why he was put in that position in the first place, I wonder how many people in the UK would have been terrorists if the germans had taken the UK during ww2.

Or how many people in the UK would feel ok about it if lets say idi armin or whatever his name was, came to the Uk and suddenly decided all white people were sub humans that could be treated worse than dogs.

Would whites that faught running battles in the streets against this type of racist be freedom fighters on a just cause or terrorists fighting against what armins people would consider their right to do.

You may wish to consider people like neson mandela as a terrorist but you really need to ask why, and you need to ask what did he do.

Did he get people to strap bombs on themselves? no, did he go around shooting innocent people? not as far as i'm aware, did he well the list goes on.

But let's get it right ask why he did what he did and to whom he did it and then if the answers are not right we can proclaim him as a bady.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

This guy used to creep up to the houses of farmers in the middle of the night, pour petrol all over them, and burn them (men, women, and children) ALIVE!

They should have strung him up, then he would have been forgotten about with thousands of other muderers.

Hero? No.

Sadistic animal? Yes.

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

I put this article in, because I believe in freedom and reconciliation , It was not meant to be political, what was done by both sides of the apatite equation were horrific, but the country is tyring to put that behind them, they want to move forward in this world, I am sorry that that might of offended some, but I assumed that this was showing the biking community in south Africa in a good light, One mans terrorist is an others freedom fighter, there are many problems in this world but without freedom and reconciliation it will be a lot worse.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Its to bad the country is again experiencing an apartheid but this time in reverse.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle