Skip to content

Discuss This Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours

Gino Rea says he hasn’t been told his Moto2 future is under serious threat, despite team boss Fausto Gresini hinting he could axe the British rider ahead of the next race in Indianapolis.The Italian boss has made it clear that he is unhappy with Rea’s performances after the former World Supersport winner scored just one point in the opening nine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2012 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Gresini does criticise his riders but also aplogises he did it on Melandri when he rode for Gresini.

Reply to this Topic
keyboardwarrior

Sep 09

Frustrated

Well I been reading the comments regarding Gino and some I agree with some I dont.

Gino is a very popular rider with the fans, a cheeky likeable fella who does ride on the edge, sometimes over it.

I think the problem moving to Moto2 this year has been a lack of testing. No testing was done with the 2012 Moriwaki/Showa Combo before the first round Qatar! Even after Mugello the other teams were out testing and there was no test for Gino. How can Gresini expect to find a good base setting for the Moto2 bike with the Suter/Showa combo when you are chasing a setup the rider likes in FP1 on race weekend (a 45 minute session) add to this that Gino has not riden half of the circuits so in FP1 he is trying to learn where the track go's and there is know way you are gonna be competitive. Even now when the Laguna round is on Luthi and Marquez are testing at Portimao. It must be so frustrating for Gino as he is getting the blame for Gresini's failing. The proof will be if another is given the chance to ride that Suter/Showa bike (Elias for example) and can't make it go any faster.

I hope Gino can get a ride in a team in any championship where he can show he is alot better than a 19th place finisher.

Fank Yu.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices