Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride"

Suzuki UK has just announced that its new roadster won’t arrive in the UK until September, but MCN managed to secure an exclusive first taster at the factory’s top secret Motorcycle Technical Centre at Komaba Iwata-Shi to get a taster of how the new commuter twin measures up – and we were impressed! The Inazuma is an entry-level budget bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 July 2012 16:40)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"A doddle to ride"

Well,that's a relief then.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

preunit

Yes, that's a huge relief, cuz I was getting a little worried that this monster of a machine would be un-ridable.... 24 BHP ????? jeeeze that's just scary.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

I'm fairly inexperienced as a rider, I've had 6 months on a yamaha sr 125, so for me, this bike would be ideal for a while to build up skill and confidence. I wouldn't feel safe jumping onto a 100bhp bike straight away from the 125. But once my confidence and skill were higher, then I'd trade in for a more powerful machine. So I think there is a market in UK for these bikes. Plus, I do like it anyway

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Youth

When you're in your teens you just want something faster than what your mate's got. Why then have Suzuki chosen to endow this bike with 9bhp under the limit for restricted license holders? It makes no sense. Give me power! Not 'novice friendly, flexible, sober styling.' What you need is a mythical Aprilia RS4 250 that revs it's nuts off, makes 33bhp, looks the bog's dollocks and is faster than your mate's Ninja 250.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

the trouble is

that altho some 250s can be amazing and great fun bikes like what this sounds like just cant compete with a restricted big bike for value itle probably depreciate terible and after 2 years of restriction most people want the ease of simply deristricting a big bike theyve already been on for 2 years now if it was a 250 2 stroke that would go like a cat straped to a fire work i think it would be more apealing to the youth of today but as is i think its mostly going to apeal to comuters and couriers in the citys just my teribly un informed and missguided thoughts

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Why

All the restricted guys I know have always wanted the same thing. A trick looking sports bike the same as the 600s and 1000s. They also look to the mad 4 cylinder engines like the cbr250rr reving to 19000rpm and cry why don't the factories make these anymore so they could by them. I don't know why the factories can't work it out its pretty simple. Hot looking bike with an engine that revs the same as a motogp bike or F1 car. Now honda gives us a single cylinder engined asian family styling "sepeda motor". Not at all what young blokes or even I find attractive and cool.

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

name again?

Did they let the same person who came up with Gladys...Gladius name another bike?

Inazuma? Well could have been Inajiffy. Not really zooming with 24bhp. Why the loss?

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

You know what?

They've missed something in the review of this bike. There's loads of us out there who want a cheap, light, flexible machine to get around cities. If a 250 can get me up to 30mph quickly, return 60mpg+ and be fun to ride I'd actually consdier one over a 600cc. Most of my journy is around London and I never get above 30mph so what's the point of 100bhp? A bit of weather protection would be handy, but a good turning cirlcle, decent brakes and a nice noise are also high up the list. I tried a scooter and hated it, the prospect of a Sook gear box really appeals after years of a Yamaha - the box on the GS500 I rode straight after passing my test was like slotting a round into a lee enfield rifle.... Yum!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

You know what?

You'll talk a good game about it, but you won't go out and actually buy one, not when there are used bikes out there that will do a better job for a lot, lot less money.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

In1980....

Suzuki Introduced the GSX250 ET, 29 BHP, Twin cylinder, motorcycle good for @ 96MPH and @ 60MPG. All for £760.00 (one year later the government add car tax to Bikes making them all dearer). One year later The Government pass the 125cc Law, making all 250cc bikes virtually worthless over night.Sold mine for £250. BUT I did pass my test. Anyway after 32 years of so called "Progress" Suzuki proudly present the 24bhp inaquandry.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices