Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki Inazuma first ride: "A doddle to ride"

Suzuki UK has just announced that its new roadster won’t arrive in the UK until September, but MCN managed to secure an exclusive first taster at the factory’s top secret Motorcycle Technical Centre at Komaba Iwata-Shi to get a taster of how the new commuter twin measures up – and we were impressed! The Inazuma is an entry-level budget bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 July 2012 16:40)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Really...

In this day and age, there is no excuse for a new motorcycle that does not have decent handling, brakes, fueling, and reliability (even Harley-Davidson’s are decent these days). So it should not be surprising that the Inazuma works well (I would still rather have a TU250X, however).

@ snev – Would your Suzuki GSX 250 ET even come close to meeting modern emissions and durability standards (assuming upgrades to EFI and modern metallurgy and machining tolerances)?

@ KimLondon – You must have ridden a crap scooter.

@ parris – An engine making peak power at ~18K rpm quickly gets old on the street.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well Piglet...

You highlight the advances made in emisions and durability standards (only time will tell about that) but my whole point is the comparison of the  two bikes by way of performance. There doesn't appear to be such a great leap in performance or fuel economy when taking account of the 32 years avaliable to the designers.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

780 mm seat hight

Please please please stop asking bike manufacturers to produce bikes for dwarfs, if they must have low seats cant they be adjustable? the reason there is so many adventure bikes on the road is they are actually comfortable. Am I alone in having 34 incg legs ( there are plenty of riders a lot taller than me) and finding most modern bikes painful on my knees after 20 minutes? You dont have to have both feet flat on the floor every time you stop or crawl along at walking pace, you just need to learn how to ride.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

plumber01

Yes you are indeed alone... in having "34 incg legs". !? Why not try riding a bigger bike, say a Triumph 2300cc rather than this Suzuki 250cc.

Reply to this Topic
KernelKeld

Sep 09

KernelKeld says:

Bikes aren't just to go fast

What's the problem with having a bike aimed at commuters? Not everybody buys a bike just to go fast or look cool. There are a lot of people out there just to get to work and back in all weather and that costs next to nothing to run. This type of person doesn't really have much in the way of choice at the moment. For everybody else there's a shed load of more powerful/cool options out there. Personally, if I was going to get a small capacity bike for that price, I'd prefer a KTM 200 duke for about the same price and power output but about 40kg+ lighter.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Size Matters

I have a 33½-inch inseam, and with thin-soled road boots (e.g. SiDi Cobra) I feel I am just tall enough for the Honda NT700V. However, I would not want a lower seat, as that would make the pegs too high, and lower pegs would reduce ground clearance to an unacceptable level (the Dullsville is a sport-tourer and not a cruiser, after all).

@ snev – I can ride a Suzuki TU250X or Yamaha TW200 without any fit issues, but on the 250cc cruisers (e.g. Honda Rebel) I feel like a bear on a circus bike.

@ KernelKeld – If you want a reliable and inexpensive commuter, a scooter is hard to beat, and generally more practical with built in storage and better weather protection.

I take either the Elite 110 (aka Lead 110) or NT700V (aka Deauville) when I ride to work 99% of the time, so I do not need to wear a back-pack, take everything off the bike when I leave it unattended, have rain gear and space to carry (or take off) jacket liners and other clothing for changing weather, and have space to carry groceries and other small to medium sized items home.

Reply to this Topic
wrinklytoad

Jul 09

wrinklytoad says:

Inazuma

With one or two notable articulate exceptions, the predominance of cynicism in this discussion is overwhelming.

Reply to this Topic
krendan

Jul 12

krendan says:

Commuting

Some people don't seem to know what cheap commuting is. If a CBF125 costs over half the price of the inazuma, I don't see how the inazuma is a bad bike. Cheap to run, Cheap to maintain, and acording to some videos on the web, the gw250 will reach over 150km\h so not bad. Not everyone needs 0-60 in under 5 seconds. And not everyone wants a sportsbike.

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

Good Value

Compared to the inflated price of 125cc machines, the Inazuma is great value.  Nice looking, practical and economical - there's definitely a group of customers out there for this type of machine, and the amount of choice is growing.

@Rogerborg - you've always got sand in your vagina and your posts are redundant.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rogerborg.....

Is this true ???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN