Skip to content

Ask an Expert 125cc to 600cc. Death wish? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > 125cc to 600cc. Death wish?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

smortimer77

Jul 12

smortimer77 says:

125cc to 600cc. Death wish?

Hello

I've been riding my existing bike for over 6 years and have done nearly 30k miles. I wanted to get a larger bike. I've passed my A2 test and now want to get something larger. Have looked and sat on a NC700s DCT but haven't ridden (due to the restriction). Is it a wise idea to jump?
Thanks in advance :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 July 2012 19:40)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i dont use leathers as i dont have the money and i ride allyear round . i just wear textile jackets and trousers in case i come off plus they are warm and keep you dry
i go along the hill roads near my house a lot as there is not much traffic if any so its a good place to ride

Reply to this Topic
kryss

Jul 10

kryss says:

33 BHP restricted

Hi, having finally passed my test been looking at getting something a bit bigger - after initially looking at cruiser types, have recently been looking at the Kawasaki Versys. I'm restricted to 33 BHP for 2 years, and 45 mph for one (NI) - is the restricted Versys easy enough to handle at low speeds?

I'm also finding myself restricted to looking at dealers as I bought a 125 2 years ago, and am finding it hard to sell privately - which limits 2nd hand options.

Reply to this Topic
Mead2012

Aug 12

Mead2012 says:

All good advice!

Reading the advice you all are giving helps me decide on the jump to a larger bike. Thank you!

Reply to this Topic
smortimer77

Jul 12

smortimer77 says:

Still waiting...

For the garage to ring and say "IT'S HERE!!" but no, nothing yet *sigh*

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

weight - pushing the bike

I whent from a yzf-r125 to a 33hp Ducati 748 (190ish kgs) the only issue is pushing it. Trying to get my gorgeous lump of metal to go up a 0.5 degree angled hill without a little help from the engine - neer impossible. and i'm a pretty strong and fit guy. if you are good at planning your spaces to avoid having to go backwards - no problems :wink:.

Reply to this Topic
smortimer77

Jul 12

smortimer77 says:

First pic

Well, this is my bike getting ready for me to pick up on 7th Sept

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Why don't you

take this over to the general forum, lots of great tips and admiration posts on your new bike no doubt.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
smortimer77

Jul 12

smortimer77 says:

Big bike jitters

Went to the dealership and saw my new bike with the rear hugger fitted. Getting that big bike jitters feeling of "am I doing the right thing?" etc. Its a bit daunting really. Probably worrying unnecessarily but after the safety bubble of a 125cc for so long...:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

smortimer

You`ll be just fine,enjoy your new bike........ and get a few pic`s up.   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
smortimer77

Jul 12

smortimer77 says:

Bike is here!!

And I've just got back from a great 2 hour ride. Didn't feel nervous about it at all and really had no idea why I was :laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices