Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

Jorge Lorenzo wouldn’t be fazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad next season. Rossi is being strongly linked to return to the Yamaha factory squad he quit at the end of 2010 having won four world titles and 46 races in a seven-year period that was the most successful in the Japanese factory’s history. After a disastrous spell...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 July 2012 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The Marlboro Man

Let's get something very clear here. The ONLY reason this story has raised it's head is the thoroughly disappointing last eighteen months of Rossi's Ducati tenure. Marlboro have been in the GP sponsorship game long before Rossi's arrival on the big stage, and over the years they developed a taste for winning. Winning of the full flavoured title variety, as well as seasons punctuated with fix hitting wins, if not the ultimate goal. Philip Morris International has done it with Yamaha and they've done it with Ducati. They've got an addicted taste for winning and they like it. They are not happy with this cold turkey scenario forced upon them by Rossi's complete inability to compete on the competitive Ducati.

Bear in mind PMI cannot make bikes look like fag packets now days, so their sponsorship dollar is trading off their years of association with MotoGP and our awareness of their brand through longevity. Given this fact PMI are acutely aware of their product fading into insignificance within the current Ducati set-up which cannot buy a result despite the machinations of Uncle Carmelo. The immediate future rider line-ups (with or without Rossi) show no indications of changing this. Ducati need an Alien - now there's but two (2013 that is) they don't have one.

The Marlboro man wants to be seen to be a winner again - the rider is inconsequential to this pursuit. Uncle Carmelo wants his favourite nephew to be a winner again (no matter how much of a fantasy this scenario is). There is shady backroom horse trading going on here.  This story is a good one and may have legs, if only because of the political power of Uncle Carmelo - puppeteer in chief.

Willy I noted your previous post. Not sure how you expected me to respond. Suffice to say the mercurial Barros served up a big dose of humble pie to Rossi at the end of 2002. Let's not use the hate word though, That's for lesser beings than you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

ROSSI TO YAM

Told you Yam have told VR that the ride is his if he wants it...i think he should.

So what if its been selfish but thats life, he needs to be on a good bike with the lies of marquez n bradl in the class...

Really hope VR makes the return...

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

NOSTRO

Hi...how ya doin..??

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

well

And why would he be fazed... he is championship leader, the worlds best all round rider at present, has nearly 2 more seasons on the Yamaha now since Vale left, and is brimming with confidence. He knows he is the future big deal and fair play to him !

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I will obviously be disappointed if BS loses his ride but hang on I am a massive supporter of Yamaha and if it means dumping Spies then so be it.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

NOSTRODAMUS

The didgeridoo man

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Elbowz

You little turncoat...lol.....Its like pull the ladder up n sod the rest...lol

Well i can see your faithful to your rider...sickness health richer for poorer...wow

BS sent to room 101....  :-)

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

This is car crash TV..

It makes me cringe at the very thought of Rossi scuttling back, with his tail between his legs to his old paymasters. As things stand, he has the weight of reputation keeping his legacy afloat and the fact that he's been unable, to as of yet, make the Ducati work can be argued is the product of sub standard machinery. Get the Duc working and winning again and his stock would never have been higher and the spectacle never better. It's Just a shame Stoner won't be around to scrap it out with him..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Maybe not if he returns to Tech 3.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Elbowz

I can not see Dovi not getting another tech 3 ride...and with Bradders already signed up spaces are possibly already gone....

He might get a satelite ducati ride..??

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices