Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

Jorge Lorenzo wouldn’t be fazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad next season. Rossi is being strongly linked to return to the Yamaha factory squad he quit at the end of 2010 having won four world titles and 46 races in a seven-year period that was the most successful in the Japanese factory’s history. After a disastrous spell...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 July 2012 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Thanks..

I feel a lot better now and..Casey Stoner ain't such a bad kid after all. I just get a bit carried away with some of his pesky fans. 

He sure can ride a motosickle too.

You ever thought of putting your CV in for that shrinks job at Ducati btw? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

you have to be kidding Wosi

You say "Valentino's philosophy is, generating excitement is more important than winning". Not only is that the dumbest shit I've read on this thread but it's pretty sacrilegious concerning a racer of Rossi's caliber and accomplishments. Winner isn't the #1 priority? Really? Somehow some of you Rossi boys believe Rossi races to entertain you - he doesn't. Now if you said "money" was more important than winning at this point in his career I maybe could agree. But what would all of this wrangling about what team Rossi is going to be about? He can get all his money and generate "excitement" being at Ducati - if he leaves Ducati it will be to WIN RACES. Do you think he will crawl back to Yamaha to potential play 2nd fiddle to Jorge to "generate excitement?" He would go there to win races. Period. Hell, him getting handed a 5th generated enough excitement to wet the pants of you Rossi boys. And by they way, being on the Forbes list of highest paid athletes doesn't mean you're "mainstream" - it means you get paid a lot. Checking out the Forbes top 20 there are 6 American Football players (yes, all in front of Alonso, Schumi, Rossi, etc, etc) that are about as mainstream outside of America as Rossi is outside a few European countries. Hell, I'm a huge football fan and I wouldn't know Charles Johnson if he knocked on my door. lol. American baseball player Alex Rodriquez is #18, has sign 2 $200 million contracts in his career and has made more money than Rossi and he would go virtually unnoticed anywhere outside of the States. That's not mainstream. Neither is Rossi. And surprisingly no, everyone does not know the Marlboro Chevron. And for Marlboro to double up on their sponsorship with 2 team wouldn't increase their reach - it would just increase their exposure to the people they are already advertising to and already watching MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Nostro & Bulto fwenzies

Nostro & Bulto sitting in a tree 

K     I       S       S       I      N       G 

Whenever they post I can't quite work out who is hiding behind whose skirts.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Yamaha has to be tempted

It seems weird to me that Yamaha would consider keeping Spies on when he is doing so very very poorly only because of the US passport/market. What sees even stranger would be Yamaha not wanting to take Rossi, who brings: 1. Race results 2. Sponsorship dollars, team level main sponsor sponsorship dollars. 3. Better marketing in the US than Ben Spies and also globally outside the US. It really makes the argument for Yamaha keeping Ben Spies seem idiotic.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Now Parris

Didn't I give you a well deserved slap yesterday? Pull your head in. This is a time for penance, not poking your tongue out at the teacher.

Spider frame, spider fame. You seem to be all caught up in this tangled web of discarded Ducati bits young one.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dumb..and dumber.

In your typically dumb ass, and introspective way you've missed the point and proved one, all at the same time.

Why is everything always black or white with you bubble heads?

The point is..it's the WAY you win that generates excitement. If Rossi had never won a race or title because it wasn't important, he wouldn't have generated any excitement at all would he?

It obviously comes as a shock and is hard to understand for someone who lives in a society that places these two avaricious traits head and shoulders above all else but money and winning without style is not what interests the paying fan who IS parting with his hard earned to be entertained. Nascar sums you lot up.

This ethos is highly topical in MotoGP and runs to the very heart of it's problems yet RawDawg, like many a purist, still doesn't get it. Watching Casey Stoner fk off into the distance on his computer controlled missile may do it for you bone head..but most other casual observers will just switch the TV off and not bother coming back, along with the sponsors who will find somwhere else to spend their marketing budget.

But hey..I guess you'd be happy then, anorak firmly buttoned, soggy programme in hand.

Rossi may not be mainstream to all but the hardcore in America pal, but let's be honest here, WTF is mainstream outside of the USA to Americans?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's Entertainment

More important than winning eh Wosi? You had me laughing out loud with that one. Now let's try and review the entertainment value Rossi has provided over the past twenty months because I think you're onto something here. Starting with comments (paraphrased since I can't be arsed chasing the actual ones down, but the meassge is the same) there was;

The young ones are pussies.

Stoner wasn't riding the Ducati hard enough.

The Ducati seems like a proper raw G.P machine like my old two strokes - a riders machine.

Jerry's 80 second call.

The bikes good, the bikes bad, the bikes good, the bikes bad.....

At the moment Stoner and Lorenzo are riding better than me.

I might be able to compete with the second tier like Dani & Ben - well he got one part of that right!

His apology to Stoner for Jerez 2011 which brought forth a quip from Stoner that will go down in the annals of G.P lore.

Ducati it's all your fault I'm failing.

Ducati, let's stick together.

So yes you're right Wosi. From a words perspective he remains a million bucks. Giggle a minute man.

Then there's his riding on track which can be summised very quickly;

His station is 5th to 9th, with a couple of exceptions either side. Only one legitimate podium and that was in a wet race. A very poor return for a factory lead rider.

A couple of early passes in the races and then stuck at his station as he watches the really fast boys disappear off in the distance.

So frankly there's fuck all on track entertainment he's provided, unless down field stuff is your thing. But then we the audience have never celebrated those fighting over crumbs before, so why should we with VR?

All in all it would seem Rossi's enetertainment value really comes off track. Perhaps he would be better suited in a role similar to that of another GP clown prince - Randy Mamola. A bit of reporting and scaring a few celebs with circulations on the Ducati twin seater?

Oh damn I forgot his arse picking. That's hilarious too. Although not as much as your comment Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yamaha keeping Spies would be idiotic how long was Edwards there one good season which came in his first season the other two not so good still they (Yamaha) kept faith in Col.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Puritanical shite..

But then we the audience have never celebrated those fighting over crumbs..

You pompous arse..It's a good job the likes of you aren't running the show totally un-opposed.

Exactly who, as self-apppointed spokesman, are you speaking for?

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

nostro where is your boy bulto

Nostro & Bulto sitting in a tree

K      I        S        S        I       N        G

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance