Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

Jorge Lorenzo wouldn’t be fazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad next season. Rossi is being strongly linked to return to the Yamaha factory squad he quit at the end of 2010 having won four world titles and 46 races in a seven-year period that was the most successful in the Japanese factory’s history. After a disastrous spell...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 July 2012 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So what Zeelenberg is saying in essence

Rossi can come on board only as long as he's prepared to wear Wosi's gymp suit.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Fair enough statement all round I reckon.
To aid in the improvement of the Motogp class in general I would have liked to have seen a lot more riders swapping for next season including Dani and Jorge to really give the class the shake up in desperately needs. I hope Rossi and Ducati do part ways and he gets on a competitive bike and maybe someone else can have a look at Ducati for the secret ingredient. The class is crying out for the Duke to be closer to the Jap bikes and the 2nd Yam should obviously be up there ahead of Tech3 which it would with Rossi on it.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

I hope...

that there is some real substance to this article and that Rossi will actually be making a return to Yamaha. Spies is not riding well so the ride should go to someone else (Dovi and Cal being two others who should be being considered) and I can see Yamaha picking the rider who will bring them title sponsors as to fund MotoGp for another two years on your own is going to really hamper development etc

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

MCN?

"Some felt Yamaha wouldn’t contemplate hiring Rossi again, despite his unrivalled success on a YZR-M1 990 and 800cc machine between 2004 and ’10."

While he won in 2004 I don't think his success was unrivalled in any year... he didn't win in 2006, 7 or 2010... ?

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Lorenzo will not be happy at all if the GOAT came back

Imagine his face if Rossi came back and kicked his ass again,

It would turn him into the moaner Stoner is now 

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i just can't imagine Rossi on a factory M1 again, especially as team-mate to Lorenzo.

A7X, you mention an important point .... and putting my blinkers aside for a moment, the commercial backing that Rossi has, and is rumoured to be carrying with Philip Morris for 2013, would surely be far more lucrative to Yamaha globally than signing-up Spies again on the strength of his importance to the US market.

ps  can one of our friends from the colonies please explain to me how important Spies is to the US domestic market?  i just don't get it.  similarly, being a Brit, Cal isn't making me rush out and buy and R1.  not yet, anyway ....  ;)

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

SAME OLD STORY

just like honda, yamaha wouldn't hire him. who care????!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am 100% certain this will not happen.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

GYTR

Nothing is 100% pal but I dont think this will happen either,

would make good viewing though

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Cosher

Spies never got his ride with Yamaha based on his passport. Yawl musta forgot that Yamaha took Spies in at WSBK and he scorched a trail throughout WSBK. He got Rookie of the year, claimed the WSBK World Championship and set so many records that your head spin to understand what he did. It was and has been Yamaha only win in that series. 

Yamaha rewarded him with a ride in Motogp. When he came to the Satellite unit he give them the Rookie of the year in Motogp too. Yamaha rewarded him with a Factory ride. Yamaha has been loyal to him and he has been loyal to them. If he somehow manages to secure a 2nd year contract with them, you can be sure it's not about the passport thing you Brits are quick to claim, rather it's about results, loyalty and respect. He never mouth off about his bike being bad.

Unlike Cal, who constantly bemoans his bike. It's the brakes, its an R1 is better than his Satellite bike, it's this, its that. Threatening them that you had better sign me to a Factory ride or no more 4th places. LOL.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices