Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo unfazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential Yamaha return

Jorge Lorenzo wouldn’t be fazed by Valentino Rossi’s potential return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad next season. Rossi is being strongly linked to return to the Yamaha factory squad he quit at the end of 2010 having won four world titles and 46 races in a seven-year period that was the most successful in the Japanese factory’s history. After a disastrous spell...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 July 2012 15:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

princeof repsol

I am not an aussie !

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Fresh nappies all 'round please

The smell of baby-shit is overpowering.

Let me see if I can put this in language you may just be able to understand.  Factory teammates are supposed to be like Sith Lords - you have a master and an apprentice, with the latter supposed to learn from and eventually supplant the master.  But they have bikes instead of light-sabres.  Are you still with me??

Anyway - the  Valentino/Jorge pairing was a perfect example of this, and was very successful for Yamaha.  The Jorge/Ben show hasn't quite lived up to the hype, but there is plenty of time to find the right understudy/successor for Lorenzo.

One thing for certain - Yamaha is unlikely to act like a dog returning to its vomit.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Return of the Jedi..

You know..if I'm honest, I'd like to see Rossi stay at Audi - minus Preziosi -  and turn their fortunes around, headed up by somebody with a new design and engineering philosophy who is capable of turning the Ducati marque into a 21st century brand, leaving staid old principles behind.  

Saying that, it's clear this rumour has got under the skin of a fair few Rossi haters and has them shaking like shitting dogs. The thought of Val returning to the front on a bike that bears his DNA and giving Lorenzo a run for his money has got them very worried indeed. Not right is it? 

Smackbums analogy is a perfect example:  Yamaha is unlikely to act like a dog returning to its vomit.

Rossi gave Yamaha a title after 12 years of waiting on a bike that the previous year, in the hands of the factory squad, failed to step onto the podium once. He managed 46 race wins in 7 years and bagged 4 world titles.

In Smackhead's world, the paddock would be full of factory bosses legging down pitlane waving bars of chocolate, chasing after spewing pasty faced hounds..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

1 podium finish.

Wosi Yamaha did get a podium in 2003 a 3rd place finish from Alex Barros at Le Mans other than that it was a season to forget for Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wrong..

Barros had a single 3rd place but he wasn't on the official Fortuna factory bike.

Tamada was on a Honda.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

spot on wosi - Barros was on the Gauloises Tech 3 M1.

the 2002 M1 development riders were Biaggi and Kocinski, (with help from Fujiwara and Namba). Biaggi did manage to haul the M1 to two wins in 2002, although finished a distant second to Rossi in the standings (not that anything stood much of a chance against the RCV in 2002).  it's an indication of how technology has progressed in 10 years that the original M1 had a carburretor-fed engine, with fuel injection first making an appearance in 2003.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yeah Barros was on the Gauloises Tech 3 M1 and Checa and Melandri were in the official works team speaking of 2002 my favourite season of MotoGP I thought Biaggi and Carlos were the official team riders for Marlboro Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

off-topic ....

..... but as MCN hasn't kept up ...... Barbera has bust his left tibia and fibula in a "training mishap", out for 4 to 6 weeks.  i assume this is official team-speak for "fell off a motocross bike".

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Too true Cosher.

Ten years in MotoGP?..Seems like a lifetime ago.

All the petty little Stoner fans, with personalities just like their hero, forget the different types of bike he's been successful on. If he says the bike is shit, I'm inclined to take his word for it..especially as Casey's results were back to front on it.

Love to see Redding get a crack on the Pramac at Laguna.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi you plum

Outside of a few green CRT riders nobody on the grid is in awe of Valentino Rossi - well one more exception perhaps - the slavish, fawning, ride seeking Cal Crutchlow.

It's 2012 me old mucker. Time stands still for no man, and your dog has had his day. Like his English bulldog Guido, his master is metaphorically dead.

South Africa B in a fair bit of trouble at the Oval I see.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle