Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati 749 and 999 owners wanted General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati 749 and 999 owners wanted

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 749 and 999 owners wanted

MCN is looking for Ducati 999 and 749 owners to help with a used bike feature in an upcoming issue of MCN. It doesn't matter which variant you own, be it the top of the range R model shod with top-spec Ohlins suspension and lightweight five-spoke wheels, or the standard model. If you own any of the models and would like to appear in MCN, email...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 July 2012 16:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
xvash750

Jun 12

xvash750 says:

Head and shoulders pictures?

They only want the pretty people then? :P

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

some prefer the arse end.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

head and shoulders

head and shoulders.....isn't that dandruff shampoo !!

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

I hope this turns out to be informative and helpful for MCN readers. I find used 749s and 999s to be very attractive, but I have a hard time trying to find information about them when it comes to preventing or repairing common problems beyond the requirements of their pricey service scheduling. When you can anticipate a common problem that can be resolved, it takes the edge off owning exotic motorcycles like these. I know that's the case with my 2005 R6 after dealing with a common TPS problem that only required a little bit of handiwork but resolved a nasty stalling issue. Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Reply to this Topic
ojw30

Apr 11

ojw30 says:

Ducati forums

All the info you ever need on DSC, Ducati up north, Ducati Forum.co.uk.

Reply to this Topic
aa4vans

Mar 09

aa4vans says:

999S DANGEROUS!!!!!

Bought one of these brand new in 03 from Cobb and Jagger at Bradford £13500 YJ03UFN. Just an upgrade of my 916 which i bought new in 97 and it was a great bike. The 999 however was a disaster as it had the deep sump and the little 'nipple' bottom stucking out past the bottom of the fairing. Within a couple of months of ownership i was riding the bike in North Yorks when i noticed the oil light on, I backed off (it was not going off after 5 seconds) so i knocked the ignition off. at the time i was going down hill so i free wheeled down hill for about 2 minutes. At the bottom i touched the rear break, it hardly worked, i looked down and saw all the oil pissing out of the cracked 'nipple' at the base of the deep sump straight onto the rear tyre and brake.

NOT ONE MARK on the bike fairing anywhere had to pay £250 to Ital sport at Bury Lancs to repair and check the bike over, so complained and basicly got fobbed off / fucked off by Ducati UK. Total design fault, sold it straight away as it was dangerous (not risking again around a left hand bends etc) and blew a fortune. Thanks Ducati UK for getting me to see the light. NEVER AGAIN. SAME THING HAPPENED TO LAD WHO BOUGHT IT OFF ME, He was not as lucky as me and blitzed the bike, Ducati rebuilt it the 2nd time with 05 swingarm and zerox paint for FREE (DUCATI UK) - ''PLEASE DONT TELL ANYONE!!''

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In my very long biking life i have owned 42 bikes,mostly hondas quite a few kawasakis a few suzukis loads of two stroke yams three triumphs and one ducati.i lost more money in 18 months ownership of a new st2 ducati than all the others put together,What concerns me most though is that this sounds like another rehashed story,(the best of etc) the tyre guide in this weeks mag was pathetic mostly sales blurb.lazy effort mcn.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices