Skip to content

Discuss This Melandri Double win at Brno World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Melandri Double win at Brno

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sportsdesk  says:

Melandri Double win at Brno

Marco Melandri  scored a double today.  Winning the second  race of the weekend at Brno. Melandri made a final pass on Tom Sykes in the final lap with just enough space  on the final few corners to make sure the Englishman would finish second, by only 0.140 seconds.  Carlos Checa finished in  third place  with championship leader Max Biaggi ) in fourth. Eugene Laverty took fifth. In...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 July 2012 18:43)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Flowersofmanc

Fuck off flowersofmanc, go watch ballet dancing you fagot

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rawdawg

Can't disagree ref Leon there, i've always doubted Leon's ability to put in a consistent challenge, some races he's great , others so-so.

He's had some top equipment in his racing career, in BSB some seriously good rides and choked when it mattered, always seems to have an excuse for why he didn't win, sad but true. 

Sykes is doing well, hope for us Brits yet ( Rea would do better if the Honda was at least near the performance of the BMW/Kowee/Aprilia and ducks.) 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Flowersofmanc

It was a racing incident with Haslam. these things do happen from time to time and will continue to happen as long people race bikes. You have been listening too much to Neil Hodgson, a hopeless commentator.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Sykes you had it! damn that was close. Had me shouting at the telly, next time

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Leon can only

Look back on this year and say He let it run away from him ,yes Marco has put some hard moves on him but after Donington instead of fighting back and taking it to him he lost the plot and then again last weekend he lets Marco stuff him again,Leon is much bigger than Marco surely he could be hard on him,He has let the intruder in opened the door and then let him take the food of the table and the spoils,only himself to blame,I can't see him on that BMW next year top ride down the drain at its peak ,silly man the X5 with all the exras will be going back me thinks

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Neil Hodgson

a hopeless commentator? Too bloody right he is. I'm no fan of Melandri but even I was getting fed up with Neil's constant berating of him along with his stumbling sentences. Eurosport would be better off getting Keith Huwen to partner Steve Day when Jack and Jamie have other duties. Marco put a tough but fair pass on Haslam while making his way through the field on his way to another win. It's about time Haslam did the same - especially the winning part.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

UH OH

I just heard that Spies will be on a BMW next year!

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Uh-oh?

Why uh-oh. It's great news if true, another quality rider in a quality world championship.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Uh oh 2

I was meaning uh oh as in another strong rider for the series as you said, and if he is paired with Melandri as a teamate it should be a really strong duo. Heck yeah I think its great if its true. WSBK is the greatest two wheeled racing right now the more big names the more sponsorship the more factory teams.

Reply to this Topic
angelinecurtez

Apr 13

That's how I always use it and everything now will be so alright and awesome.Thanks much for what you've done. thanks, Real estate agent in NY

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices