Skip to content

General Any one else having problems selling there bike ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Any one else having problems selling there bike ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

Any one else having problems selling there bike ?

Hey there all having problems selling my bike an aprilia rst1000 futura 2003 with only 17500 miles

selling it to get a more upright bike but the market for buying bikes is really bad right now or so it seems not surprised with the summer we have been having any one else been having some difficulties ?

hell even put in would accept a reasonable swap but still no takers hmm have priced it at £2500 in bloody good condition and good deal of history 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 July 2012 14:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Just kidding...

It's a nicely sorted bike that, and probably better for having the 4 into 2 on.

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

bikerbit

your asking too much for it m8..

for a 2003 you should be prepared to take £1700 to £1800 for it..

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

bit wrong there enfield

already been offered 2000 in a trade in so I know what the bikes worth  as every one knows trades in are way below value of a bike and if you look thru the net you will see for your self enfield  get 2200 for it would be happy

bikes worth 1800 in trade in with 25,000mls on it according to the book so no clue where your getting the 17-1800

Reply to this Topic
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

what

i meant is if you sold it privately you would get £1800 ish m8.. they are a nice bike, but its just they way it is at the moment..

you will get £2000 or even more on a trade in, as they make money on the bike your buying, and that maybe your best bet.. :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Have

you given these a try?

Reply to this Topic
Istate75

May 09

Istate75 says:

Selling Bikes

I dropped into my local Suzuki dealer on Saturday. It was almost empty. TBH I had gone in to speak to them about selling my 06 GSX14. I worked in the US most of last year and am going back in 2 weeks for another 6 month stint, so just don't get to ride it. (It's still only done 4k miles).

They told me that for the 1st 3 weeks after the schools break up the showroom is always dead as most buyers are either on holiday or thinking of going.

Talking about the general bike market to them, new bikes sales are well down (mainly due to a poor range from Suzuki and price rises) their words not mine. They said the second hand market is really good for mid to large size street bikes. They can't get enough of them. They said that they sometimes don't get the time to clean them before they sell. Same with learner legal bikes and scooters. The problem is they are only being offered sportbikes, which they just can't shift. They had 2nd hand R1's R6's, CBR, GSXR's etc in the showroom and are lucky to sell one a week (with finance attached, rarely cash buyers).

The surprise for me was that they recommended I keep my bike as it should not depreciate, but offered what I bought it for 3 years ago if I decide to sell. :blink:

Not sure if they are right about only certain bikes selling and buyers not having cash, but it could be a reason?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Easy.

Recession.

Poor weather.
No consumer confidence. 
Fewer bikers! Where are they all?
In the case of sports bikes I believe the punters have realised long ago that the manufacturers` insistence on annual increase in power outputs and lowering of weights and corresponding increases in prices are in fact so much bunkum. They`ve been found out....we don`t want or need it.
An early Fireblade which is more than a match for most folk on the road, in good condition, can be had for £1600....and you can tour on one. They`re comfortable and reliable, and...shock....it can carry luggage!! 
An early R1 in good nick £2000 anyone? No complex electronics just 4 carbs and plenty power thanks. These haven`t dated either. Still very sharp. Buy one.
Iconic Ducati 996`s are now struggling to beat £3000.....I know. I just bought one!!:smile:smile

People who spend £13k on a bike every two years are an endangered species. Next year that engineering masterpiece will be soooo last year! 

I don`t think you`re asking too much for the Priller BB, but if its as good as you say then keep it and get some bar risers on it. They were/are an acquired taste.
But very much a buyers market.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

maybe a swap weekend coming

the bar risers dont raise it any where near enough had them on my zzr1200 and found that they get be vibrate  as well 

but may swap it next weekend a guys interested in my bike and I am interested in his as long as his bike is sound then a swap and we are jamming think swaps is going to be the way for awhile since no one puts money down or very little money down 

so lets hope it all pans out 

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

I was told my futura

was worth £1500 to trade in last year. Its got 35000 on it now (they are good for 100K) and it has a full service history. As its such a rare model the dealers are clueless. You should have bit the man's hand off who offered you 2 grand!

And some parts for the futura are getting unobtainable so that may put buyers off if they are in the know.

Reply to this Topic
Irwin

Apr 09

Irwin says:

Bad weather

Its all the bad weather we are haviing, have done alot less miles myself this year, get september over and back to the dark nights

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices