Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

fuck me it's like the premiership couple of bad results and you out, that aint right

Reply to this Topic
Jimmaay92

Jun 12

Jimmaay92 says:

His Decision

No. If you read the article it's clear he's left on his own accord

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Is he being booted out to make space for Andrea Dovizioso or Cal Crutchlow ?

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

WSBK

Go on back to WSBK and have some fun again, its the best racing in the world. Let them have there National sponsers and national riders its politics. Im sure you could get sponsers for yourself in WSBK its just so much more competative.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Hmmmm

Cal or Rossi?

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

Why?

He has A factory ride on arguably the best bike on the grid, and Yamaha expreed wishe to keep him there too. Yes his results recently haven't been close to ideal, but I don't see where he could go where he could enjoy more success. Except perhaps A factory supported Satellite Honda?

Best of luck to the guy though, or if he's looking for something "different", this could pave the way for a straight swap with Mr Rossi?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Suzuki

Surely he'll be riding the new MotoGP suzuki?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

the expression your searching

For is, he jumped before he was pushed. Yeah ,yeah Ben it was your choice.

Ive nothing against Spies as a person, but he's failed big time on the best bike out there, Bar the odd flash of talent, last year was nothing special and this year has been embarrassing.

No, well done Yamaha, it would have been the biggest injustice in GP racing in you'd given him another contract simply because of his passport.

Reply to this Topic
andrewhurrell07

May 07

rossi must be a cert to go back to yam next year, it makes sense towards the marketing side of things meaning yamaha hasnt had a title sponsor plus rossi needs to get back on a good bike again and if it isnt rossi then i would love to see crutchlow take the seat but if it isnt cal it must be dovi, who would everyone else like to see on the second yam next year

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

i think

it will be rossi, would like to see cal on it but think his few mistakes have cost him the ride, and it will dovi if not rossi.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices