Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Spies to Jarvis

Im at a payphone, trying to call home, all of my change ive spent on you.

Where have the times gone, linny is so wrong, where are the plans i made for two (years new contract)

If happy every after did exist, i have a new contract which would take the piss.

Now im at a pay phone..........

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Benny!!!!

I can do this shit too!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

This sure has caught me by surprise where ever he goes good luck to him I hear he has an option to ride the BMW in WSBK next year not a bad choice all i do hope for is that Ben does not end up on a Red bike known as the Ducati.

Me thinks #11 will end up in WSBK on the BMW Motorad Italia Team biggest hope would be for Yamaha to return to WSBK that would be awesome.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Elbowz

BMW have pulled the factory team in WSB for next year....................

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

That's incorrect CCB

BMW has not pulled it's factory team out of WSBK. The factory team was run by Alpha racing. They are switching the factory team from Alpha to current BMW Italia team.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Never saw that coming. The rumor mill will notch up a gear now as to who gets the ride

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Not a surprise

that Spies won't be in Factory Yamaha team. What is a surprise is that Spies has gotten out in front of this and announced ahead of the Laguna weekend which is a huge weekend for Yamaha. Yamaha surely isn't impressed. I can only imagined that Spies has an announcement to make this weekend and that's why he let this leak now. I see the rumors are starting to fly about Spies going to Suzuki GP but I would think WSBK with BMW is the one with the most legs. Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

As for the replacement for Spies I would like to see another American in the shape of Nicky Hayden top bike seller and that would be a massive advantage to Yamaha as the market is big in the US.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Only a little shocked

Jarvis publicly slated Ben before the season even started and placed a demand that he win at least 3 races this season.  Which is wierd because if Lorenzo is Yamaha's immediate future, you do not want Ben taking points off Lorenzo.  You only want him to get in between Lorenzo and Stoner to widen the gap.  Whatever.  I think Jarvis has likely been acting like a huge cock towards his side of the garage all season long, perhaps even witholding some of the help he needs in order to make sure Ben doesn't stick around next season.  Then Lin can fill his spot with some young Moto2 upstart for cheap and groom him for when Lorenzo hangs it up or starts his downward slide.  Conspiracy theory.  We'll find out when the season's over.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Crew Chief ?

I think one of the reason's Spies has been unsuccessful in MotoGP is because of his crew chief. Houseworth and company knew their way around modded up production based machinery but I think these prototype machines and all their computerized gimmeckery is too much for him to comprehend. Ben can ride the piss out of anything he sits on but only if it's set up properly. Something with his setup isn't giving him the "feel" he needs and Tom can't give it to him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle