Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cutting it

I define cutting it as able to run faster than similar equipment , which Foggy did a few times , His results are on wikipedia , and in the immortal words of Max Boyce "I was there"

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

but i do love the way all the spies haters go told you so, but im thinking the lad aint quit yet

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Suzuki?

wonder if spies quit for Suzuki &take all his pit crew with him, if the rumours are true the Rossi will take his crew with him, early reports were the the new Suzuki gp Bike was quick from the start, with a rider of spies calibre would prove valuable in the development ,all depends on what Audi can do to convince Rossi to stay at Ducati

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

X2 Glider

I'm with you on that. Put Crazy Joe on the thing. Enough of the dull existing deadwood. Neither Rossi, Dovi nor Cal deserve the ride.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

real deal Spies?

Where are you all? All that said Spies would make the grade in Moto GP.
Numpty nostro....you were one of them I seem to remember.
Once again your prediction was wrong as are a lot of others you make!

Good luck to Spies wherever he goes.He gave it a go and you can't knock him for that.

Reply to this Topic
pischow

Jan 11

pischow says:

texas tornado

I think yamaha should take edwards back. I think he would be willing to come ride factory yamaha and retire with a little bit of dignity. He still has the speed and he would be happy to get hell away from the suter-bmw.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

the Rev Benny

Formally known as Bennyhedgehog ,the one that got squashed,oh how we have missed you ,NOT !,but like a bad smell along you come having learned nothing of your spell in the village of the damned ,but only a couple of posting in and its back to the same old old drivvel You hate Cal Crutchlow but love Dovi,We get it ok, I think you have banged your drum against your thick skull long enough,surely you must get sick of hearing it yourself,i don't know what Cal has done to you maybe he ran over one of your prickly friends in his VW transporter but ,if it's of any use I can get you in contact with him via a sponsor and you can tell him where he is going wrong you moron,Well done Benny your fraudulently back on the forum please may it not last,If I can help by goading your tiny brains out I will be happy to do so ,in the meantime try and get another topic other than slavvering the same single obsessive quips,better still get back in your chair and keep rocking backward and forwards till the medication kicks in

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Not the first time

Ben isn't the first guy in the paddock to be forced to be #2.  Every one of Rossi's teammates have been forced to be #2.  Guaranteed to never win.  Nicky has been #2 his whole GP career except 2006 when Honda didn't have anyone else except rookie Pedro.  Nicky just took the internal political abuse better.  It's been a well paid career but was always signed to be someone's bitch.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Ben...

Hope he gets two podiums in the USA rounds...now we await news of the new boy.  Any bets out there?

He now joins Haslam on the job queue.

Yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

True enough Buelli

Me and a fair few far more qualified professional observers felt that Spies COULD step up and fill the vacant fourth Alien space this year. To date though that simply hasn't happened. A lot of bad luck for Spies so far this year, but he's got to hold his hand up for much of the poor performances too.

Never mind though Buelli, not even Nostro can be right all the time. However my number one prediction of the continued failure of Valentino Rossi just continues week in, week out. What do your crystal balls say these days me old string vest wearer? Surely you must have some more of that  juicy  'nudge, nudge, wink, wink can't tell you anything until the story breaks........'

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices