Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

Bloody hell, he has had it tough so far this year, pls BS go to WSB on the Panigale and show them a real champion rather than this increasingly procession of ponies in MotoGP. Quite disheartening when he did the year on a customer bike and now they change the rules for MM just because straight to a factory.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aaaw diddums - Poor Ben..

I've never understood that line of thinking..exactly how has Speez been disavantaged by the rookie rule?

I mean, 2010..who was he realisticly going to replace? World champ Rossi?..Champ in waiting Lorenzo? Would it have made any difference, ignoring the above, if Yamaha had made space for him on the factory team?

It's a bit sad IMO, how many riders choose twatter to make themselves look a prat. This has the hallmarks of an angry Mary Spies all over it..Ben's problem right from the start.

5th alien my arse..he needs to grow a set and untie the apron strings.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

ben

another one motogp av f----ed up

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

now it`s gonna be....

......role reversal!!!!!.......lorenzo will have the wall put up between himself and his number 2 rider rossi.......this is gonna be brilliant....lorenzo is gonna try his hardest to gring rossi into the ground and humiliate him...handbags here we come!!!!

Reply to this Topic
636darren

Apr 12

636darren says:

watch out

rossi and lorenzo in the same team IS NOT GOING TO WORK. but will be fun to watch as it descends into a game of take your teammate out in the last corner...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

What should happen next Yamaha fire that clown known ad Lin Jarvis and its official MotoGP is known as the Lorenzo Private Championship.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Jorge breaks another team mate

Just like Rossi, Spies is now a shadow of the rider he once was he has been lorenzoed.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Elbowz

Look mate, i can keep ripping you to bits all day for the fun of it, just to watcg you go into meltdown mode.

I'm not going to, but come on get real. When has Spies ever been a real threat to this team mate, or a genuine contender for the title?? The simple answer is never, and yes we all know he did manage a win at Assen, but one swallow does not make a summer.

Ben should potential in his first year, with good pace and sensible riding to earn the factory seat., but has never found that extra fraction required to get up to true alien pace. Very few have it. He has got desperate in the last few races and looks a shattered man. That probably down to the fact he knows he just doesnt have what it take to make it at the very ,very top. There no shame in that, he's stil one on the top ten riders in the world.

Who will replace him? hard to find anyone that can do any worse than him on this years form. Dovi has been the best of the rest for years now and does look shit hot on the Tech3 would be my choice. Young enough and quick enough to still make it finally

Rossi for money reasons and the fact he's the only proven one out there who can mix or beat the two aliens that remain when on a sorted bike. But as Nostro has send maybe it would be better for the to give it a moto 2 up and comer to spice thing up.

I'd love Crutchlow to be given his change, but unlike young elbowz, im not blind to my fav's faults and maybe he's just not done enough when its come to sorting contracts time this year, after a great start.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Lift up the curtain...

Not surprising news but when all say is complete probably the best thing for him.  Mentally, he's not been in the game since Stoner beat him to the line by some hundreth of a second in Valencia.  Coming from WSB and bouncing off a record 19 wins his confidence was sky high. 

However, pitting yourself against WSB or AMA riders and then trying to match the absolute best on the planet are two different things.  I don't think anyone (except GP racers past and present) can truly comprehend the sheer effort to be on the very limit for every single lap of every race.  At every round.  Then dealing with the media, the hype, the rumours, the politics, the travel, expected results to keep a seat- decisions being made that don't make sense.  There's something more going on in the background that we aren't aware of.  Ben sir  you're an incredible racer, and decent bloke but if you're not enjoying it.  Get back to winning wherever you go.  Good luck mate, keep that head high.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Other news: Dovi is a toilet cleaner!

From GP site, had to chuckle at Yamaha Marketing (Ben prolly wouldn't though)

"As part of the usual USA antics, during which all Yamaha riders film a promotional video for the brand, Lorenzo was this time given the job as Honorary Yamaha CEO – a job he enjoys, as he said he can "do anything." Two years ago he was given the job as janitor, which has this year been passed to Yamaha new-boy Andrea Dovizioso"

(If Dovi utilises that chin hair he'd have a cleaning product to rival Cillit Bang)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices