Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

Back to Superbikes??????????????????????

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Can't see Dorna allowing another spanish rider, that'll be 4 bikes capable of wining the title and all with spaniards on..perhaps more claret than clarity... The spanish may hand over most of the sponsorship dollars for motogp but 4 spanish contenders would be a mighty piss take.to the rest of the motogp universe..Almost as bad as Spies keeping his ride after this seasons results he clearly hasn't earn't it..... No other passport would have been given a second thought having had a season like Ben on a bike that is leading the title chase..

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Well ,

what ever B.Spies does next , all the best and good luck........

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Get back to world super bikes you are a legend on them ben!

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Maybe Spies just had a butchers at a new Yamaha contract and saw that his bike will be officially slower next season and thought to himself, fuck that !!

Maybe he has had an offer from Suzuki or Ducati or whoever.

Maybe we should just all wait and find out what he has to say before staring into cracked and clouded crystal balls and coming out with uninformed personal bullshit.

I wish him all the best, a very talented rider as he proved at Assen last year when no one got a sniff of him.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

milky bollocks

Oh where are you now dixie ?,pulling the legs off a fly and chasin' ! ! ya sister! shoutin' about winners yeah just like it was back in naam eh Your man looks like he's choked oh well ,you have a real good day now yawl ! [soz all you decent U.S. citizens and 11 fans] this is purely for the retard you suffer as a compatriot old milky nuts

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Heck Yea!

TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT ! I AINT WORKING HERE NO MORE!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Could be interesting!

I feel some harsh words coming on for the 'Save the Flossi' championship organisers.

A bit of a kick in the spuds for American Yamaha sales too, a real shame Ben forgot about the impact the timing of his announcement might have. Hehe...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

20/1

With the way Spies is probably feeling, 20/1 ain't bad odds at all..I might get me some of that action..

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

I would like Yamaha give the ride to one of the young Moto 2 riders, like they did for Jorge in 2008. Pinch Marquez of Honda, or give it to Crazy Joe or Pol. All three would cut it in there 1st season,  and it would re-introduce a much needed "Simoncelli" randomiser into the races.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices