Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

20/1. Errr... No ta.

20/1 - You really gonna bet against Stoner after that audacious overtake on Lorenzo last year (IMO - pass of 2011) that Lorenzo didn't forget by returning the favour at Silvo (IMO pass of this year so far).  Even factoring an incident with Stonenzo - allowing for Peddy and Dovis forms of late, suggest you save your money fellas.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Getting treated like a mule one of the reasons behind the exit.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

GYTR - the real reasons will come out at some point but  they are his decisions and he alone must live with them (forced or otherwise).  If he didn't know what to expect, then he was unprepared for the media circus of MotoGP.   No-one will ever know what it's like but those involved, we can only speculate.  So yep, I feel for your boy.

The only one to have really used it to the FULL advantage is Valentino.  But in order to get to that level you have to engage with the media and win a few races.  Sadly Ben never did (other than Assen), he was always referrd to as quiet and media shy (even his mom dissapeared this year).  At least he didn't moan like Stoner (who was getting the results and is still walking away).  And Dovi (who also doesn't know how to use the media) yet bizarrely is talking of moving to WSB with Hayden?

Mate, it's open season and there will be more than the 2 casualties we've seen so far.  Ben should walk tall whatever.  He's a good bloke and a top racer. 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Benny love you're clearly more familiar with betting to recognise decent odds.  There's only winner when it comes to gambling mate, so you go burn some more of your hard earned benefits and let us know how it goes.  Actually don't.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

No insult intended.  I understood you were taking benefits, my mistake.

So now returning the favour - just checked a betting site (for the first time, haha!)

1/2 for Dovi to beat Cal

5/7 for Cal to beat Dovi..

Go on then Benski stick your hard earned cash on Superboy.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Ben is going to.................

Drum roll please..................................................................................... WSB to race the BM!! 100%

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ben on a BMW will be very interesting in fact where ever Spies goes I will watch that series Lin Jarvis hold your head in shame you pathetic twat when you went public and called Ben a failure I hope he goes to a team where he will feel appreciated and respected I also get the feeling he could part ways with House watch the space IMO.

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Suzuki

I can see Spies on the new MotoGP Suzuki along with Bautista. Rossi to stay put and end his motor racing Career at Audi and Cal to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yamaha US

After going through my twitter timeline and translating some of Dennis Noyes tweets, it seems Ben caught Yamaha US with their pants down and didn't even let them know of his decision. That is bad business. You don't slam the door on the people who were backing you. Common courtesy would dictate that you would at least give them a heads up before you send out an email to a website announcing your departure. Noyes says he speculates that Ben wanted to be announced this weekend and Yamaha said they still weren't sure. Possible. Surely Ben can't wait until the last hour and wait until the music stops and be left without a seat anywhere. But it was a Yamaha factory ride though - that ain't chopped liver. I still believe that Yamaha either wanted Ben to fire his crew chief (who seems lost every weekend) and/or wanted Ben to play 2nd fiddle to Jorge. But that's assuming they wanted to retain him at all. By all accounts, it seems that Ben had a good chance of being kept. Noyes says he's been in contact with his US Yamaha contacts and they still don't believe Rossi is getting the job or will take the ride (either way). There will be some very pointed questions this weekend for Ben and Yamaha management - should be interesting. Especially since Yamaha has a gazillion press events lined up. Actually I think all 4 Yamaha riders are at the Yamaha US headquarters today. Can you say "awkward"?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Again

Another useless contribution to this website from benny. MCN take note of all this nonsense and just ban him. He is either offending someone or going off on one because he can't take it himself. This this childish stuff and take it to the playground you unwanted troll. Anyway it is a real shame for Ben nice chap and i wish him all the best in his future what ever he does. I really couldn't see him keeping his ride though but just wasn't expecting him to announce it. Is carmelo applying the pressure on to Yam to make way for rossi in 2013?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices