Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Young Elbowz I aint young you stupid dolt.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

elbowz

Just clueless then

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

elbowz

I'l give you a tip for the things you post in future , make sure whatever it is you state at least has one ounce of credibility about it. Wild fan worship of no substance will just result in piss taken and being scorned.

Dovi was the outcast at Honda, the unwanted third factory Honda ,forced on the factory team because of his contract. He must of felt uncared for , a second class citizen just waiting for the axe. Now did he sulk and fade backwards? Did he shite he's got on with it and claimed third 2011

On to the tech3 team and has totally proved himself to be a far better rider the Spies by outclassing him all season on a satelite bike, I wager he will set the record for the highest points ever scored in a season on a satelite bike.

Now pucker up and say Dovi is better than Spies because it is factual and true.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oooppsssss

Mikybar what the hell ar you going on about.  Yes he had a good year on the Tech 3 bike in his but you are mistaken big time.  Let me explain.

Spies on the tech 3 bike in 2010 had just 2 podiums and finished 6th with a total of 176 points. So far there has been 9 races this season.The results for the 1st 9 races in 2010 are as follows: 5th,RET,RET,7th,3rd,4th,6th,8th and 6th

Now compare that against Dovi on the tech 3 this year.  He has had 3 podiums (on the trot) and currently has 108 points after 9 races and his results so far this season are: 5th,5th,4th,7th,3rd,3rd and 3rd.

Now i know im not much good at maths but me thinks thats more points like for like for the same team for the same amount of races.            In 2011 Dovi finished 3rd overall in the championship on a factory Honda and Ben finished 5th overall on a factory yam

The bottom line is that he simply does not deserve to keep a factory yamaha ride when there are faster riders out there who will do a better job

PS - Bye Mr Forum Elbows

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

so milky

your point is ? He quit we know that ,but for whatever reason we don't know but it's left you looking as stupid as your postings ,didn't I see you in the Clint Eastwood movie the outlaw Josie wales pulling the ferry across ?get down to laguna witcha god dang banjo boy ,"Quit" how does that sound milky all yanks are winners, muletrain !ROSSI HAS HAD ABOUT AS BAD A TIME AS IT GETS BUT QUITTING.Nah miLky

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Take the piss so can I you stupid dolt.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

boring benny

Dovi blah blah blah Dovi blah blah benny loves dovi blah blah blah ,OH Yawn Benny is that the time

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think there's only one "dolt" here Milky, and its you my old fruit!

"3. He got the Factory seat in 2011 because of his Rookie of the Year overwelming performance and was the best available. Dolt."

Yes, and now he's getting the boot because of his underwhelming performances.

"4. The pretenders fighting for the Factory bike still ai'nt shit and will never outperform Spies. Dolt."

By pretenders I assume you mean Dovi and Crutchlow on the lesser Tech 3 bikes who are both running rings around spies on a regular basis which is why they are both well ahead of spies in the points table.

Got anymore ridiculous points? No really, please share.

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

I hope it's BMW superbike

I would love to see him back in WSBK. To me, it's so much more entertaining than GP. But if he comes back next year on a Suzuki GSVR, that would be fine too.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

WSB

Eddy998 says

Spies

Back to Superbikes????????????????????

But who with now BMW are pulling out of WSB and no Yamaha team i cant see any works rides for him ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices