Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies leaves Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Spies leaves Yamaha

It's emerged this afternoon that factory Yamaha MotoGP star Ben Spies will part company with the Japanese firm's team at the end of the 2012 season. In a short statement on Twitter, the Texan, whose achievements include winning the 2009 WSB title, said: "I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself[…] Next year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 July 2012 17:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Free Range

Let's see what announcements are made this weekend.  Although everyone wants to see Rossi back at Yamaha I'm not convinced he'll just start winning again, am sure he'll be closer to the pointy end.  Don't count those barnyard chuckers just yet...

If Spies is in talks with BMW, will they run a 3 man team or boot Haslam?  Melandri seems to want it more.  Another fierece overtake on Biaggi at Aragon anyone?

Crutchers doesn't seem to have many options so would do well to stay at Tech 3 as Herve said he'll have him on the same terms..  Cal won't be too happy with that BUT at least he'll still be in GP (unlike Dovi who has self admitted he's considering doing one to WSB - which would be a shame but after the Honda years, maybe he's still feeling royally f**ked off?)

On a lighter note I bought Cluedo Swingers edition.  Turns out they all did it in every room.

Reply to this Topic
TopCat77

Jun 09

TopCat77 says:

Yawn !!!

MotoGP is severely lacking in personality these days. Rossi should return to Yamaha... If anything so that we can watch someone with personaliy perform again.

Say NO to pretty-boy divas.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

bmw update

did anyone watch last weekends wsbk? got announced melandri(their current top finisher) would be moving to the italia squad which will be the the new factory squad, so left is badovini, haslam and fabrizio, so how can spies just waltz in when only 1 bike available, fair enough fabrizio has no chance but haslam for sure has shown more promis than spies on his yam this year.

maybe spies is best doing ama where he knows best, i do hope he shows rossi the way this weekend tho, like to see him and casey rock the front row as they are always fearless over the 1st left hander,pass on jorge by casey last year was quality,just want a good race with the top factory bikes left fighting it out for a change.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Rumor has it

In the Italian version of motorcycle news, they have Haslam currently talking to Honda (aoyama's/rea's seat); At the same time Ten Kate Honda is also waiting to hear from Rea on next year - keen to have him stay on. However they go on to say that Rea maybe looking to go to Kawasaki along Sykes next year. Spies likely to go to BMW according to them, however I am thinking that he is going to go to Crescent Suzuki, as the rumour mill has Hopkins out the door and that Camier will be given another year and that the Crescent/yoshimura partnership will finish up at the end of this year. As for Fabrizio, they say he is likely to go back to Ducati and maybe join one of the satellite teams such as Roma Red Devils. Baz to Pedercini in place of Mercado with Salom to sign on again... Talk that Hayden maybe joining Althea next year, however not certain of what Checa is up to as he is looking for new stimulation - even talk that he is a prospect for BMW as well or even along Sykes???? They also say that Bevilacqua is a huge fan of Rea and would love to have him in his team... So Rea seems to be in high dermand - he has his heart set on moto gp but doesn't look like much will open up for him - unless he gets bautista's seat???? Be nice but can't see it happening.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hey quarter inch drive man

I might have met you once before in the jungles of Laos. I stopped briefly at a rustic time warp village there ten years ago and was 'greeted' by a crazy shaman waving his grandmothers thigh bone at me. Was that you in the loin cloth hiding a mere quarter inch of not much at all?

What do your grannies vertebrae say when you roll them, another year of anguish for Rossi perhaps?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

shock news Revbenny

Another posting another swipe at Cal Crutchlow,not in the least bit predictable,"Seems like an unwanted lost soul"-Speaking from bitter experience at birth eh Benny ! I bet you are as popular as a bluebottle in a butchers

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Stig

2 weeks ago , RevBenny had a "bit of a meltdown" , and ended getting told f@ck off by MCN......

So they allowed him back , and guess what....., he hasnt changed a bit.....:lol:.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh hello

looks like its margarita time in NZ. What the fk are you on about nostro? you're getting as bad as that geriatric nutbag aquarius

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Starting a sentence with 'And' is poor grammar.  I would say I expected more from the Welsh chain smoking baffoon but he's merely a product of a poor education system (but still above par for his generation)

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

STATEMENT FROM JORGE LORENZO on MOTPGP.COM

It looks like Jeorge is paving the way for this weekends ROSSI announcement.

This is what he said in responce to "who will be your teammate next year"

"I hear some rumours. And some rumours say that Valentino is going to come back. It could be a good thing for Yamaha. We have been a good couple in the past years, but it hasn’t been decided yet. My preference is to have a competitive rival in the team."

I am sure all of the experts on here will each read something different into it but for me, JL is saving face for the inevitable return of ROSSI.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices